Computer Scientist: A computer scientist is a person who has complete knowledge of computer science that is the study of computation and application.computer scientists invent new technologies in the field, they often apply these to real problems, such as science or business. This may require them to work with other specialists, like engineers. Some of these scientists may specialize in a particular area, including programming or data science.
Data Scientist: A data scientist will be able to take data science projects from end to end. They can help to store a large amount of data, create predictive modeling processes, and present the findings. He organizes (big) data. Performs descriptive statistics and analysis to develop insights, build models, and solve a business need. The must-have skills for data scientists are Math and Statistics, Domain knowledge and Soft skills, Programming and Database, Communication and Visualization.
Below is a table of differences between Computer Scientist and Data Scientist:
|Based on||Computer Scientist||Data Scientist|
|Definition||A computer scientist is a person who has knowledge of computer science that is the study of computation and application||A Data scientist will be able to take data science projects from end to end.They can help to store large amout of data, create predictive modelling processes and present the findings.|
Information systems management
|Importance||Computer scientist is very much necessary to understand the requirement and delivery the software product to end users without and vulnerabilities.||Nowadays, loads of data are coming from multiple areas/fields. Hence as data grows, expertise needed to analyze, manage and make it a useful solution for business|
|Methodology||For computer scientist, SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) is the base which consists of requirements, software design, development, and software maintenance.||Methodologies for Data Scientist are similar to ETL process.|
|Tools||Design and Analysis Tools
Programming Languages Tools
Web application Tools
|Data visualization tools
Data Analysis tools
|Requirements||Analyzing user requirement.
Build and Release Engineer.
Data Engineer and also Data specialist.
|Approach||Approach for a Computer Scientist are:
||Approach for Data Scientist are:
|Data Sources||User requirements, New features developments and also demand for the some functionalities etc.||Almost all website data can be considered for data source.Social Media, Business Apps, Transactions, Sensor Data, Machine Log Data etc.|
- Difference between Data Scientist and Software Engineer
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- Difference between Data Scientist and Data Engineer
- Computer scientist vs Programmer vs Developer vs Hackers
- How to Become a Chartered Data Scientist?
- Difference Between Computer Network and Data Communication
- Difference Between Computer Science and Data Science
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference between Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Analysis
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference between Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Visualization and Data Analytics
- Difference between Data Privacy and Data Security
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.