There is no clear cut computer science engineering and computer engineering definition because there are a variety of tasks and functions where similarity also exists and they perform their task depending upon their industry and work.
1. Computer Science Engineering :
It includes the study of analysis of algorithms, programming languages, operating systems, database management systems, program design, software, and computer hardware. It involves many aspects of computing of both hardware and software. Mainly it integrates the field of Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
2. Computer Engineering :
Computer engineering integrates electronic engineering with computer sciences. It includes the design and development of computer systems and other technological devices. Computer engineering gives extensive knowledge of hardware and software design computer programming to make efficient computing platforms and applications.
Difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Engineering :
|Computer Science Engineering||Computer Engineering|
|Computer Science Engineering focuses on the theory of computation. That includes analysis of algorithms, programming languages, database management systems, program design, software, and computer hardware.||Computer Engineering integrates electrical with computer science. It includes building computing systems and technological devices.|
|Computer Science Courses includes Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Operating System, Software Engineering, Data analysis, Data Security/Defensive Programming, User Interface/Experience (UI/UX) Design etc.||Computer Engineering Courses includes Mechanics, Artificial Intelligence & Robotic, Electricity and Magnetism, General Physics, Microprocessor Design & Interfacing, Electric Circuits, Digital Logic, Machine Design etc.|
|It includes jobs like software developer, database administrator, Mobile App Developer, Systems Analyst, web developer, or project manager, Computer Scientist etc.||It includes jobs like embedded software engineer, electrical design engineer, hardware engineer, Computer Hardware Engineer, computer architect engineer or network engineer, Microchip Architect, Quality Control Engineer etc.|
|Average salary of computer science engineering is 45-100k per year.||Average salary of computer engineering is 65-150k per year.|
- Difference Between Data Science and Software Engineering
- Difference Between Computer Science and Data Science
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- Computer Science 101
- Do programmers need a Computer Science degree to get a job?
- Computer science, an overrated dream
- What is the Importance of Mathematics in Computer Science?
- Top 5 PSUs for Computer Science Engineers in India
- 10 Famous Bugs in The Computer Science World
- 7 Essential Mobile Apps for Computer Science(CS) Students
- Subjectwise Important Topics for GATE 2020 Computer Science
- Competitive Programming Vs Software Development for computer science students
- Difference between B.E. and B.S. in engineering
- Difference between CSE and IT Branches of Engineering
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization
- Different Ways to Connect One Computer to Another Computer
- Difference between Test Scenario and Test Condition in Software Engineering
- Difference between Supercomputer and Mainframe Computer
- Difference between Computer and Embedded System
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.