Prerequisite – Understanding Hardware and Software
1. Computer Hardware Engineer :
Computer hardware engineers research, develop and test hardware or computer equipment/components. They works in lab and develop new hardware components. they troubleshoots hardware problems. They have extensive knowledge of the physical components of computers, like circuit boards, processors, chips, and other electronic components. They typically works in lab.
HP, Samsung, Intel, AMD, IBM, Toshiba, Sony etc companies take computer hardware engineers for hardware product development.
2. Computer Software Engineer :
Computer software engineers design, develop, test software, maintains computer network and programs. They just work with a computer and perform their tasks by writing programs. They solves complex problems of real life by bringing any software solution for that. They have extensive knowledge of designing architecture, writing code by using programming languages, performing testing and deploying the product. They typically works in office.
Apple, eBay, Facebook, Google, IBM, Infosys, TCS, Wipro etc companies take computer software engineers for software product development.
Difference between Computer Hardware Engineer and Computer Software Engineer :
|S.No.||COMPUTER HARDWARE ENGINEER||COMPUTER SOFTWARE ENGINEER|
|01.||Computer hardware engineers research, develop and test hardware or computer equipment/components.||Computer software engineers design, develop, test software, maintains computer network and programs.|
|02.||Hardware engineers need electrical and computer engineering degree.||Software engineers need software engineering or computer science degree.|
|03.||Computer hardware engineers troubleshoots hardware problems.||Computer software engineers solves complex problems of real life by bringing any software solution for that.|
|04.||Computer hardware engineers works in lab and develop new hardware components.||Computer software engineers just with a computer performs their work by writing programs.|
|05.||They have extensive knowledge of the physical components of computers, like circuit boards, processors, chips, and other electronic components.||They have extensive knowledge of designing architecture, writing code by using programming languages, performing testing and deploying the product.|
|06.||Computer hardware engineers typically works in lab.||Computer software engineers typically works in office.|
|07.||High analytical, Initiative, Creative, Persistence, Innovation, Integrity, Independence, Cooperation, Self Control, Dependability, Adaptable, Attention to Detail etc are the personality of computer hardware engineer.||Analytical Thinking, Initiative, Focus, Independence, Innovation, Leadership, Self Control, Persistence, Dependability, Reasoning, Information Ordering, Deductive, Originality etc. are the personality of computer software engineer.|
|08.||In general computer hardware engineers get more salary than computer software engineers.||In general computer software engineers get less salary than computer hardware engineers.|
|09.||HP, Samsung, Intel, AMD, IBM, Toshiba, Sony etc. companies take computer hardware engineers for hardware product development.||Apple, eBay, Facebook, Google, IBM, Infosys, TCS, Wipro etc companies take computer software engineers for software product development.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Hardware and Software
- Difference between Hardware Interrupt and Software Interrupt
- Difference between Hardware Description Language and Software Language
- Difference between Hardware Firewall and Software Firewall
- Difference between Hardware and Firmware
- EPOS Software and Hardware
- Difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Difference between Analog Computer and Digital Computer
- Is There Any Difference Between Software Developer And Software Engineer?
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization
- Difference between Software Engineer and DevOps Engineer
- Difference between System Engineer and Software Engineer
- Difference between System Software and Application Software
- Difference between Packaged Software and Custom Software
- Difference between Generic Software Development and Custom Software Development
- Difference between Free Software and Open Source Software
- Difference between Software Inspection and Software Testing
- Difference between Open source Software and Commercial Software
- Difference between Open source Software and Proprietary Software
- Difference between Open Source Software and Closed Source Software
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.