Cloud computing: Cloud computing is a bundle of principles and approaches to deliver compute, network, and storage infrastructure resources, services, platforms and applications to users on-demand across any network. These infrastructure resources, services, and applications are sourced from clouds, which are pools of virtual resources orchestrated by management and automation software so they can be accessed by users on-demand through self-service portals supported by automatic scaling and dynamic resource allocation.
Virtualization: Virtualization is a technology that allows creating multiple simulated environments or dedicated resources from a single, physical hardware system. Software called hypervisors connects directly to that hardware and allows you to split 1 system into separate, distinct, and secure environments known as Virtual machines(VMs). These VMs rely on the hypervisor’s ability to separate the machine’s resources from the hardware and distribute them appropriately.
Below is a table of differences between Cloud Computing and Virtualization:
|Basic||Pool and automate virtual resources for on demand use||Built multiple simulated environments from one physical hardware system|
|Cost|| Private Cloud : HIGH CAPEX and low OPEX
Public Cloud : Low CAPEX and high OPEX
| High Capital expenditures (CAPEX)
low Operating Expenses (OPEX)
|Flexibility||Very flexible||Quite less|
|Type of service||laas||Saas|
|Dedicated hardware||Multiple||Single can also work|
|Integration||Future expansion of users, application, etc||Expansion of new machines within the same infrastructure||Workload||stateless||Stateful|
|Disaster recovery||Depends on multiple machines||Depends upon the single machine|
|Form||Private and Public cloud||Hardware and application virtualization|
|Accessibility||Prevalently accessed||Not allowed to be accessed from outside the network|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Virtualization In Cloud Computing and Types
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Grid Computing
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Fog Computing
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Hadoop
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Data Analytics
- Virtualization to Promote Green Computing
- CRM and ERP in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Evolution of Cloud Computing
- Issues in Cloud Computing
- What is Mobile Cloud Computing?
- Economics of Cloud Computing
- Anatomy of Cloud Computing
- An Insight to Cloud Computing
- The Gossip Protocol in Cloud Computing
- Interesting Facts About Cloud Computing
- Components of IOT and relation with Cloud Computing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.