This model are broadly used network model. In Client-Server Network, Clients and server are differentiated, Specific server and clients are present. In Client-Server Network, Centralized server is used to store the data because its management is centralized.In Client-Server Network, Server respond the services which is request by Client.
This model does not differentiate the clients and the servers, In this each and every node is itself client and server. In Peer-to-Peer Network, Each and every node can do both request and respond for the services.
Difference between Client-Server and Peer-to-Peer Network:
|S.NO||Client-Server Network||Peer-to-Peer Network|
|1.||In Client-Server Network, Clients and server are differentiated, Specific server and clients are present.||In Peer-to-Peer Network, Clients and server are not differentiated.|
|2.||Client-Server Network focuses on information sharing.||While Peer-to-Peer Network focuses on connectivity.|
|3.||In Client-Server Network, Centralized server is used to store the data.||While in Peer-to-Peer Network, Each peer has its own data.|
|4.||In Client-Server Network, Server respond the services which is request by Client.||While in Peer-to-Peer Network, Each and every node can do both request and respond for the services.|
|5.||Client-Server Network are costlier than Peer-to-Peer Network.||While Peer-to-Peer Network are less costlier than Client-Server Network.|
|6.||Client-Server Network are more stable than Peer-to-Peer Network.||While Peer-to-Peer Network are less stable if number of peer is increase.|
|7.||Client-Server Network is used for both small and large networks.||While Peer-to-Peer Network is generally suited for small networks with fewer than 10 computers.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Difference between Next Generation Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Software Defined Network and Traditional Network
- Differences between Wireless Adhoc Network and Wireless Sensor Network
- Basic Network Attacks in Computer Network
- Difference between Unicast, Broadcast and Multicast in Computer Network
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Difference Between Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Proxy
- Difference between Network OS and Distributed OS
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference between Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Difference between Token Bus and Token Ring Network
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- Difference Between Computer Network and Data Communication
- Difference between Cellular and Ad hoc network
- Difference between 2G and 3G Cellular Network
- Difference between Security Group and Network ACL in AWS
- Difference between Hierarchical and Network Data Model
- Difference between Network and Relational data model
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378