Circular queue: Circular Queue is a linear data structure in which the operations are performed based on FIFO (First In First Out) principle and the last position is connected back to the first position to make a circle. It is also called ‘Ring Buffer’.
Priority queue: A priority queue is a special type of queue in which each element is associated with a priority and is served according to its priority.
Difference between a circular queue and priority queue are as follows:
|Circular queue||Priority queue|
|Circular queue is not linear but circular.||Priority is a special type of data structure in which items can be inserted or deleted based on the priority.|
|It is also called as a ring buffer.||It is also called simple queue.|
|Items can be inserted or deleted from a queue in O(1) time.||It can perform three operations like insert delete and display.|
|Both the front and the rear pointers wrap around to the beginning of the array.||It does not allow elements in sorted array.|
|It overcomes the problem of linear queue.||It allows duplicate elements.|
|It requires less memory.||It requires more memory.|
|More efficient||Less efficient.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- Difference between Preemptive Priority based and Non-preemptive Priority based CPU scheduling algorithms
- Priority Queue using Queue and Heapdict module in Python
- Difference between Multi Level Queue Scheduling (MLQ) and Priority Scheduling
- Circular Queue | Set 2 (Circular Linked List Implementation)
- Priority queue of pairs in C++ with ordering by first and second element
- Heap and Priority Queue using heapq module in Python
- Why is Binary Heap Preferred over BST for Priority Queue?
- Priority Queue | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Applications of Priority Queue
- How to implement stack using priority queue or heap?
- Priority Queue using Linked List
- Priority Queue using doubly linked list
- Priority Queue in Python
- Double ended priority queue
- Implementation of Non-Preemptive Shortest Job First using Priority Queue
- Huffman Coding using Priority Queue
- Priority Queue of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples
- CPU Scheduling in Operating Systems using priority queue with gantt chart
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.