1. Cheerio :
Cheerio is a Node.js module that is built on the top of Core JQuery and its function. With Cheerio, we can use JQuery on the server-side. Cheerio is capable enough to parse HTML and XML files.
2. Selenium :
Selenium is an automation tool that is used to automate the browser. It is much more powerful tool as compare to cheerio. Selenium provides a playback tool for authoring functional tests without the need to learn a test scripting language so it is widely used for testing web applications.
Difference between Cheerio and Selenium :
|1.||It was developed and maintained by CheerioJS.||It was developed by Jason Huggins.|
|3.||It parses the raw HTML.||It brings the browser engine API.|
|4.||It is faster than Selenium.||It is slower.|
|6.||Cheerio is basically used for web scraping tasks.||Selenium is commonly used for testing web applications.|
|8.||It is a npm module used in Node.js for server side JQuery.||It is a testing framework, that can also be used for web scraping tasks.|
- Difference between cheerio and puppeteer
- Difference between Cucumber Testing and Selenium Testing
- Difference between Selenium and QTP
- Difference between Puppeteer and Selenium
- Difference between RPA and Selenium
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Basics - Components, Features, Uses and Limitations
- Selenium Python Introduction and Installation
- How to move back and forward in History using Selenium Python ?
- Adding and Deleting Cookies in Selenium Python
- Cloud-based Automation using Selenium in Python and BrowserStack
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Software Engineering | Selenium: An Automation tool
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
- How to access popup login window in selenium using Python
- Find Web Elements using Selenium WebDriver
- How to click a button on webpage using selenium ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.