Cellular Network is formed of some cells, cell covers a geographical region, has a base station analogous to 802.11 AP which helps mobile users attach to network and there is an air-interface of physical and link layer protocol between mobile and base station. All these base stations are connected to Mobile Switching Center which connects cells to wide area net, manages call setup and handles mobility.
It is stands for Wireless Fidelity. It is a technology for wireless local area networking with devices based on IEEE 802.11 standards. Wi-Fi compatible devices can connect to the internet via WLAN network and a wireless access point abbreviated as AP. Every WLAN has an access point which is responsible for receiving and transmitting data from/to users.
Difference Between Cellular and Wi-Fi Networks:
|1||Cellular plan are attached to the device that uses cellular signal to connect to the internet.||Wi-Fi is a local area networking technology that uses radio waves to provide high-speed internet access to mobile devices enabled with Wi-Fi.|
|2||Cellular refers to a mobile network which is distributed over a wide area.||Wi-Fi is a critical element and a crucial wireless networking technology based on the IEEE 802.11 standards.|
|3||Cellular has no limit in the range.||Wi-Fi has a limited range.|
|4||Mobile technology is the technology used for cellular communication.||Device can use the Wi-Fi standard to broadcast and receive information.|
|5||Cellular has a data plans with limited consumption.||Wi-Fi has no limit on how much data you can use in a day or a month.|
|6||Cellular network are relatively slow in terms of speend and reliability.||Wi-Fi are faster than Cellular Network..|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Cellular Networks
- Difference between WiFi Extender and WiFi Booster
- Difference between WiFi Repeater and WiFi Extender
- Difference between Cellular and Ad hoc network
- Difference between 2G and 3G Cellular Network
- Difference between WiFi and WiMax
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between WiFi and 3G Technology
- Difference between WiFi and HotSpot
- Difference between LiFi and WiFi
- Difference between OT and IT networks
- Handoff in Cellular Telecommunications
- Image encryption using cellular automata
- Indoor Navigation using WiFi
- Wifi protected access (WPA)
- Wifi protected setup (WPS)
- How to Hack a Open WiFi?
- Difference between Ring Topology and Bus Topology in Computer Networks
- Access Networks
- Evolution of Networks
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.