C is the procedural Programming language. It was designed to be compiled using a compiler. The Language has small and fixed number of keywords like if/else, for, while,.. etc. We can use more than one assignment that may be used in one statement in this language. Functions are also used here, it can return values that can be ignored, when not needed. All data has a type but we can convert it implicitly.
LISP is the second oldest high-level language. It is influenced by the notation of Alonzo Church’s lambda calculus Linked list is one of the most important data structure of this language. It was the first programming language where the structure of code is represented directly in the standard data structure. Lisp used the concept of automatic garbage collection.
Difference Between C Language and LISP Language
|COMPARISON FACTORS||C Language||LISP Language|
|Paradigm||C is a procedural programming language.||LISP support both functional and Object Oriented Programming Language.|
|Approach||C Program uses top-down approach.||LISP Program uses bottom-up approach.|
|Function||In C concept of virtual function is not present.||LISP supports virtual function also known as generic function.|
|Extension||C programs are saved in file with extension .c.||LISP programs are saved with extension.lisp.|
|Types||C is a middle level language.||LISP is a high level language.|
|Object Oriented Features||In C Polymorphism and Inheritance is not possible.||In LISP, it supports both Polymorphism and Inheritance.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference Between Machine Language and Assembly Language
- Difference Between Assembly Language And Machine Language
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C language
- Difference between Java and C language
- Difference between Compiled and Interpreted Language
- Difference between %d and %i format specifier in C language
- Difference Between Go and Python Programming Language
- Difference between Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- What is the difference between a language construct and a “built-in” function in PHP ?
- Difference between Procedural and Non-Procedural language
- Stopwatch using C language
- C Language Introduction
- fgets() and gets() in C language
- Signals in C language
- kbhit in C language
- isalnum() function in C Language
- Interesting facts about C Language
- isupper() function in C Language
- How to use POSIX semaphores in C language
- lvalue and rvalue in C language
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.