1. C++ :
C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell Labs since 1979 as an extension of the C language C++ is a general purpose programming language and widely used now a days for competitive programming. It has imperative, object-oriented and generic programming features. C++ is a widely popular language among coders for its efficiency, high speed, and dynamic memory utilization. It runs on various platform like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac etc.
Welcome to GFG!
2. PHP :
PHP is a server-side scripting language used mainly for web development. It can be easily embedded in HTML files and HTML codes can also be written in a PHP file. The thing that differentiates PHP with client-side language like HTML is, PHP codes are executed on the server whereas HTML codes are directly rendered on the browser.
Welcome to GFG!
Difference between C++ and PHP :
|1.||C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 1979.||It is developed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.|
|2.||It is an object oriented programming language.||It is a server-side scripting language.|
|3.||There is method overriding and overloading.||There is no method overloading, but methods and functions can have optional parameters.|
|4.||It is object-oriented compiled language.||It is interpreted language.|
|5.||It is good for large and complex projects.||It is good for small and medium projects.|
|6.||C++ is statically typed||PHP is dynamically typed.|
|7.||It is mostly use to build system software.||It is mostly used to build web application.|
|8.||Memory Management in C++ is Manual.||Memory Management is System Controlled.|
|9.||It is more secure as compared to PHP.||It is less secure as compared to C++.|
|10.||Extensions of C++ is .cpp.||Extensions of PHP are .php, .php3, .php4, .php7.|
Rated as one of the most sought after skills in the industry, own the basics of coding with our C++ STL Course and master the very concepts by intense problem-solving.
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- What is the difference between a language construct and a “built-in” function in PHP ?
- Difference between break and continue in PHP
- Difference between PHP and DENO
- Difference between Java and PHP
- Difference between Django and PHP
- Difference between bindParam and bindValue in PHP
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
- Difference Between Single and Double Quotes in Shell Script and Linux
- PHP 5 vs PHP 7
- Difference between "int main()" and "int main(void)" in C/C++?
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.