When folks open a web site they need to use an online browser for that. it’s an application that permits the user to enter a web address and then takes them to it address wherever they’ll get all the data they have. In straightforward terms browsing is outlined as trying to find some type of data and reading regarding it with none correct aim or objective. Browsing is faster and less time consuming than surfing and we get less satisfaction and information than surfing because in surfing, we have to search lot of pages to get the desired result or in order to increase our knowledge. By using browsing, folks will notice what they’re trying to find if they need some plan of the subject beforehand and that they find yourself obtaining the data in less time.
Generally folks that use the web find yourself searching for random stuff on the online to boost their data, they merely enter a research term and keep gap one term from the opposite till they apprehend enough to prevent trying. This is often through with the assistance of search engines. Surfing is the act of finding data while not looking on the web browser. Surfing is often principally done once the person doesn’t have any specific plan of what they will notice. Surfing could be a wide term than browsing as a result of just in case of doubt on given resource, browsing converts into surfing to look for the reliable information.
Difference between browsing and surfing:
|1.||Browsing is done through web browser.||While it is done through search engines.|
|2.||In browsing, we search for something specific.||While in surfing, we randomly search for something.|
|3.||Browsing is faster and easy process||Here, it is slower than browsing and tough process.|
|4.||Browsing is less time consuming.||Surfing is more time consuming because in surfing, we have to search lot of pages to get the desired result.|
|5.||In browsing, we get a plenty of material related to one topic.||While in surfing, we can get bundle of information about various topics.|
|6.||Browsing is the process of reading something with the desire.||While surfing is process of studying something without any explicit target.|
|7.||In browsing, we get satisfaction and information but less than surfing.||While in surfing, we get satisfaction and information more than browsing because in surfing, we search lot of material in order to increase our knowledge.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Private Browsing
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- What’s difference between “array” and “&array” for “int array” ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.