Difference between Bootstrap and AngularJS
History: It was originally designed by a Twitter employee, and was known as Twitter Blueprint. In 2011, its official version was launched with the name Bootstrap.
Why use it?
There are many reasons why bootstrap is leading the web frameworks race, some of them are:
- Reusability: Bootstrap contains ready-made components, CSS styles, and plugins that can be included directly in our code. Hence we can make use of these components and styles in our code, which will save time and helps in the rapid development of the website/web app.
- Mobile-first: The main priority when we make a website using bootstrap is to be mobile responsive. Mobile-first basically means that we build the website from a smartphone level and then scale it up to conform to the bigger sizes.
- Easy to get started: It is easy to get started as it only requires the knowledge of HTML and CSS only.
- Open source: It is open source in nature and completely free to download.
- Great Grid system: Bootstrap makes use of the powerful 12-column grid system which is easy to use and very consistent.
Example: This example illustrates the basic Bootstrap Card implementation using the required CDN links.
History: AngularJS was originally developed in 2008-2009 by Miško Hevery and Adam abrons at Brat Tech LLC, as software for the online JSON storage service, in order to ease to development of the applications for the enterprise, that has been valued by the megabyte. It is now maintained by Google. AngularJS was released with version 1.6, which contains the component-based application architecture concept. This release version removed the Sandbox, which facilitates the security, despite having the various vulnerabilities that have evolved, which bypassed the sandbox.
Why use it?
- Time saving: AngularJs allows us to work with components and hence we can use them again which saves time and unnecessary code.
- Ready to use the template: AngularJs is mainly plain HTML, and it mainly makes use of the plain HTML template and passes it to the DOM and then the AngularJS compiler. It traverses the templates and then they are ready to use.
Example: This example illustrates the basic Angular JS by implementing the directive, controller, etc.
Differences between AngularJS & Bootstrap:
AngularJs is developed and maintained by Google.
Bootstrap is designed and developed by a core team of twitter.
AngularJs is used in Mobile App development.
Bootstrap is used in Mobile App development.
AngularJs is not a CSS framework.
Bootstrap is a CSS framework.
AngularJs is not responsive-oriented.
Bootstrap is responsive-oriented.
AngularJs provides two-way data binding in.
In Bootstrap Two-way data binding is not an option
Elements cannot be easily arranged on a page
In the case of Bootstrap, this can be done easily as there is flexbox support present.
AngularJs has a better templating engine when compared to Bootstrap.
Bootstrap does not have much powerful template engine.
AngularJs has a routing facility.
Bootstrap does not have a routing facility.
AngularJs provides dependency injection.
Bootstrap does not provide dependency injection.
Please Login to comment...