BOOTP stands for Bootstrap Protocol. and DHCP stands for Dynamic host configuration protocol. These protocols square measure used for getting the information science address of the host along side the bootstrap info. The operating of each protocols is totally different in some manner.Dynamic host configuration protocol is also the extended version of the Bootstrap Protocol.
Let’s see that the difference between that BOOTP and DHCP:
|1.||BOOTP stands for Bootstrap Protocol.||While DHCP stands for Dynamic host configuration protocol.|
|2.||BOOTP does not provide temporary IP addressing.||While DHCP provides temporary IP addressing for only limited amount of time.|
|3.||BOOTP does not support DHCP clients.||While it support BOOTP clients.|
|4.||In BOOTP, manual-configuration takes place.||While in DHCP, auto-configuration takes place.|
|5.||BOOTP does not support mobile machines.||Whereas DHCP supports mobile machines.|
|6.||BOOTP can have errors due to manual-configuration.||Whereas in DHCP errors do not occure mostly due to auto-configuration.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between DNS and DHCP
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : akshay7797