Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are used for providing wireless communication through radio signals. The most distinction between Bluetooth and Wifi is that, Bluetooth is actually accustomed connect short-range devices for sharing information whereas Wifi is used for providing high-speed web access or internet.
Wifi provides high information measure because the speed of web is a vital issue.
Let’s see the difference between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi:
|1.||Bluetooth has no full form.||While wifi stands for Wireless Fidelity.|
|2.||It requires bluetooth adapter on all devices for connectivity.||Whereas it requires wireless adapteron all devices and wireless router for connectivity.|
|3.||Bluetooth consumes low power.||while it consumes high power.|
|4.||The security of bluetooth is less in comparison of wifi.||While it provides better security than bluetooth.|
|5.||Bluetooth is less flexible means in this limited users are supported.||Whereas wifi supports large amount of users.|
|6.||The radio signal range of bluetooth is ten meters.||Whereas in wifi this range is hundred meters.|
|7.||Bluetooth require low bandwidth.||While it requires high bandwidth.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between WiFi Extender and WiFi Booster
- Difference between WiFi Repeater and WiFi Extender
- Difference between Bluetooth and UWB
- Difference between Bluetooth and Zigbee
- Difference between Bluetooth and LiFi
- Difference between LiFi and WiFi
- Difference between WiFi and WiMax
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between WiFi and HotSpot
- Difference between WiFi and 3G Technology
- Difference between WiFi and MiFi
- Difference between WiFi and GiFi
- Different versions of Bluetooth
- Wifi protected setup (WPS)
- Wifi protected access (WPA)
- Indoor Navigation using WiFi
- How to Hack a Open WiFi?
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : manmeetjuneja5