1. Azure :
It a Cloud Service Provider and is a subsidiary of Microsoft that is why sometimes called Microsoft Azure. It was found in 2008 and today it is the second-largest cloud service provider in the world. It provides software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and supports many different programming languages, tools, and frameworks. Azure is a good platform that is provided to developers to transfer or store their applications to the cloud.
2. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) :
As the name suggests is a part of Google family. It was launched in 2011 which is a bit late as compared to Azure (2008), but it has gained a position in the market very fast and today it is the third largest Cloud Provider in the World after AWS and Azure. Some notable companies using Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine or App Engine) services are Spotify, HSBC, Home Depot, Snapchat, HTC, Best Buy, Philips, Coca Cola, Domino’s, Feedly, ShareThis, Sony Music, and Ubisoft.
The most important thing about GCP is that it provides you the same environment and architecture that Google uses itself for its end-user services like Gmail, Youtube and Google Meet, etc. As of 2020, Google lists over 90 products under the Google Cloud brand including computing, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management which are increasing every month.
Difference between Azure and GCP :
|1||It was started in 2008.||It was started in 2011.|
|2||As of February 2020, Canalys reports Azure with 14.9% of the market.||As of February 2020, Canalys reports GCP with 6% of the market.|
|3||It provides Azure Virtual Machines as computing service.||It provides Compute Engine as computing service.|
|4||It has more number of Zones.||It has less number of Zones than AWS.|
|5||The Growth Rate is low.||The Growth Rate is high.|
|6||It provides Azure CDN.||It provides Google Cloud CND.||7||It is expensive than GCP.||It is cheaper than Azure.|
|8||For Container-as-a-service, Azure offers Azure Kubernetes Service.||For Container-as-a-service, GCP Offers Google Kubernetes Engine.|
|9||For Function-as-a-service, Azure offers Azure Functions.||For Function-as-a-service, GCP Offers Google Cloud Functions.|
|10||In case of Azure, 1-3 years commitment for reserved VM instances grants a significant discount.||In case of GCP, if you use the same instance for most of a given month you are eligible for a sustained use discount of up to 30%.|
|11||Azure provides access to files via standard SMB protocol.||Google offers NAS access and integrates with GKE.|
|12||Azure offers a free tier with minimal services, many more popular services for 12 months, and $200 credit to try any other paid service.||GCP offers a free tier with some basic services that are always free and a $300 credit to try other services.|
|13||For RDBMS, Azure provides SQL Database.||For RDBMS, GCP provides Cloud SQL.|
|14||Azure VNet is used in Azure to create Virtual Network.||Virtual Private Cloud is used in GCP to create Virtual Network.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Comparisons between Azure Vs AWS
- What is GCP(Google Cloud Platform) Security?
- Internal/External Forwarding Rule in GCP
- What is Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
- Cloud Storage in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Messaging Via Azure Service bus | SendMessage and ScheduleMessage
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure | A cloud computing service
- Deploying Your Web App using Azure App Service
- Azure DevOps: An Introduction
- AWS vs Azure - Which One You Should Choose?
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.