1. AWS Cloudwatch :
It is a monitoring tool used for real-time monitoring of AWS resources and applications. It provides a report on the basis of monitoring which can be used to analyze the performance of the system. It monitors various AWS resources like Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancer, etc.
2. AWS Cloudtrail :
It is a service that enables governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account. It continuously logs and monitors the activities and actions across your AWS account. It also provides the event history of your AWS account including information about who is accessing your AWS services.
Difference between AWS Cloudwatch and AWS Cloudtrail :
|S.No.||AWS Cloudwatch||AWS Cloudtrail|
|1.||It is mainly concerned with happenings on AWS resources.||It is mainly concerned with what is done on AWS and by whom.|
|2.||It is a monitoring service for AWS resources and applications.||It records API activity in the AWS account.|
|3.||Using Cloudwatch you can track metrics and monitor log files. You can also set alarm for various events.||CloudTrail provides greater visibility into user activity by tracking AWS console actions including who made the call, from which IP address and when.|
|4.||It specifically records the application logs.||It provides information about what occurred in your AWS account.|
|5.||It delivers metric data in 1 minute period for detailed monitoring and 5 minute periods for basic monitoring.||It delivers an event within 15 minutes of the API call.|
|6.||It stores data in its own dashboard in the form of metrics and logs.||It can centralize all the logs across regions and even across many accounts and store them on S3 bucket.|
|7.||It offers free basic monitoring resources by default, such as EC2 instances, RDS, etc.||It is enabled by default when AWS account is created and start working from then.|
- Introduction to Amazon Cloudwatch
- Introduction to AWS Simple Storage Service (AWS S3)
- Difference Between Google Cloud and AWS
- Difference between Security Group and Network ACL in AWS
- Difference between AWS and Heroku
- Comparisons between Azure Vs AWS
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Introduction to AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS Cloud Support Associate Interview Experience
- AWS - Types of Databases
- Elastic Load Balancer in AWS
- What are AWS Storage Options?
- What is AWS Cloudformation?
- What is SageMaker in AWS?
- Simple Notification Service (SNS) in AWS
- How to Configure AWS Lambda?
- What is AWS EC2 Instance Storage?
- Popular Programming Languages Supported by AWS
- Launching an EC2 instance using AWS CLI
- Launching AWS EC2 Instance using Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.