Arch Linux is an open-source Linux based Operating System that is freely available for use. It belongs to the Pacman based Linux family. It is a light weighted OS for daily use and could even be used by professionals. It was first released in March 2002. It is a beginner-friendly Linux Operating System.
Kali Linux is a Linux based open source Operating System which is freely available for use. It belongs to the Debian family of Linux. It was developed by “Offensive Security”. It was first released in March 2013 with the aim to be the replacement of the BackTrackOS. Kali comes packed with 100+ of penetration testing, security research, digital forensics, reverse engineering, and ethical hacking tools.
Difference between Arch Linux and Kali Linux
|S.NO.||Arch Linux||Kali Linux|
|1.||Developed by Levente Polyak.||Developed by Offensive Security.|
|2.||Arch was initially released in March 2002.||kali was initially released in March 2013.|
|3.||Arch is light weight OS and used for daily purposes.||Kali is used by security researchers or ethical hackers for security purposes||4.||The discussion forum for Arch is bbs.archlinux.org.||The discussion forum for Kali Linux is forums.kali.org.|
|5.||Latest Arch consists of the Pantheon environment by default, though it allows you to change the same.||Latest Kali consists of the xfce environment by default, though it allows you to change the same.|
|6.||Arch doesn’t comes packed with hacking and penetration testing tools.||Kali comes packed with hacking and penetration testing tools.|
|7.||Arch comes with a user friendly Interface||Kali comes with a less user friendly Interface as compared to Arch.|
|8.||Arch is a good option for beginners to Linux.||Kali Linux is a good option for those who are intermediate in Linux.|
- Difference Between Fedora and Kali Linux
- Difference between Kali Linux and Parrot OS
- Difference Between OpenSUSE and Kali Linux
- Difference Between Ubuntu and Kali Linux
- arch command in Linux with examples
- Introduction to Kali Linux
- Kali Linux - Hacking Wi-Fi
- Kali Linux - Aircrack-ng
- Kali Linux Tools
- What is Vulnerability Scanning in Kali Linux?
- Kali Linux - Default Passwords
- Kali Linux - File Management
- Kali Linux - Crunch Utility
- Kali Linux - Terminal and Shell
- Kali Linux - Forensics Tools
- Kali Linux - Exploitation Tools
- Top 10 Kali Linux Tools For Hacking
- Kali Linux - Command Line Essentials
- How to Change the Mac Address in Kali Linux Using Macchanger?
- Kali Linux - Wireless Attack Tools
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.