Apache Hadoop: It is a collection of open-source software utilities that facilitate using a network of many computers to solve problems involving massive amounts of data and computation. It provides a software framework for distributed storage and processing of big data using the MapReduce programming model.
Apache Storm: It is a distributed stream processing computation framework written predominantly in the Clojure programming language. Originally created by Nathan Marz and the team at BackType, the project was open-sourced after being acquired by Twitter.
Below is a table of differences between Apache Hadoop and Apache Storm:
|Features||Apache Hadoop||Apache Storm|
|Processing||Distributed batch processing which uses MapReduce||Distributed real-time data processing which uses DAGs|
|Latency||High Latency i.e slow computation||Low Latency i.e fast computation|
|Written Language||Whole frame work is written in Java||Frame work is written in Clojure and Java|
|Streaming processing||It is State-ful streaming processing||It is State-less streaming processing|
|Setup||Easy to setup but operating cluster is hard||Easy to use|
|Data streaming||Data is dynamic and continuously streamed||Data is static and nonvolatile i.e data is persistence|
|Use cases||It is used in Twitter, Navisite, Wego etc||It is used in Black Box Data, Search Engine Data etc|
- Difference Between Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Difference Between Big Data and Apache Hadoop
- Difference Between Apache Kafka and Apache Flume
- Difference Between Apache Hive and Apache Impala
- Difference between Apache Tomcat server and Apache web server
- Apache Hive
- Apache POI | Getting Started
- Apache POI | Introduction
- Introduction to Apache Pig
- How to Install Apache Pig in Linux?
- Why Apache Kafka is so Fast?
- Introduction to Apache Cassandra
- Introduction to Apache CouchDB
- Apache Cassandra (NOSQL database)
- How to install Apache server in Ubuntu ?
- How to Install and Run Apache Kafka on Windows?
- How to make sure that Apache service keeps running in Ubuntu
- Where does PHP store the error log? (php5, apache, fastcgi, cpanel)
- Reading and Writing data to excel file using Apache POI
- Creating Sheets in Excel File in Java using Apache POI
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.