Difference between Android 1.1 and Android 4.0.1
1. Android 1.1 :
Android 1.1 is the second version of Android which was introduced by Google after Android 1.0. It had all the features that were included in the previous version i.e. Android 1.0 and also some more features were added in this version. Some features were added in caller applications like hiding and showing of the numeric keyboard. The feature for saving MMS attachments was also added in this version. It also does not have the official version name like Android 1.0 but unofficially it is called Banana Bread. The API level in Android 1.1 is 2. It was released on 9 February 2009.
Features of Android 1.1:
- Home screen: The home screen on Android 1.1 featured a simple grid layout with a few customizable options.
- App drawer: The app drawer on Android 1.1 was a simple list of installed applications.
- Notifications: Android 1.1 introduced the notification system, which displayed notifications in the status bar.
- Dialer and contacts: Android 1.1 had a basic dialer and contacts application.
- Web browser: The web browser on Android 1.1 was based on WebKit.
2. Android 4.0.1 :
Android 4.0.1 is next version of Android after Android 4.0 which was introduced by Google. It had all the features of previous versions and some major user features were also added in this version. Some key user features like facial recognition (face unlock), UI use Hardware acceleration, better voice recognition, web browser allows up to 16 tabs, updated launcher and android beam application to exchange data through NFC were introduced in this version. Its version name is Ice Cream Sandwich. The API level in Android 4.0.1 is 14. It was released on 21 October 2011.
Features of Android 4.0.1:
- Home screen: The home screen on Android 4.0.1 introduced a new “Holo” theme with a more modern design and more customizable options.
- App drawer: The app drawer on Android 4.0.1 was organized by category, making it easier to find and access installed applications.
- Notifications: Android 4.0.1 introduced expanded notifications, which allowed users to interact with notifications directly from the notification shade.
- Dialer and contacts: Android 4.0.1 had an improved dialer and contacts application with new features such as visual voicemail.
- Web browser: The web browser on Android 4.0.1 was based on Chrome, which offered improved performance and better support for HTML5.
Similarities between Android 1.1 and Android 4.0.1:
- Both versions of Android are based on the Linux kernel.
- Both versions of Android support multitasking, allowing users to run multiple applications at the same time.
- Both versions of Android have a built-in camera application.
- Both versions of Android have support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Both versions of Android have support for third-party applications from the Google Play Store or other app stores.
Difference between Android 1.1 and Android 4.0.1 :
|ANDROID 1.1||ANDROID 4.0.1|
|It is the second version of Android.||It is the next version of Android after Android 4.0.|
|It is successor to Android 1.0 version.||It is successor to Android 4.0 version.|
|It is predecessor to Android 1.5 version.||It is predecessor to Android 4.0.2 version.|
|It was released on 09 February 2009.||It was released on 21 October 2011.|
|The API level in Android 1.1 version is 2.||The API level in Android 4.0.1 version is 14.|
|It does not have official version name like its successors.||It has official version name like its other previous versions.|
|It has unofficial version name ‘Banana Bread’.||It has official version name ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’.|
|It had all the features of previous version and two more features were added in this version.||It had all features of previous versions and some major user features were added in this version.|
|It did not have voice recognition.||Better voice recognition (voice typing) was introduced in this version.|
|Web browser allowed single tab in this version.||Web browser allowed up to 16 tabs in this version.|
|It did not have facial recognition.||Facial recognition (face unlock) was introduced in this version.|
Conclusion: Android 1.1 and Android 4.0.1 are two different versions of the Android operating system with significant differences in terms of features, performance, and security. Android 4.0.1 introduced a range of improvements and new features that made it a more powerful and user-friendly operating system, with better app compatibility and security features. When choosing between the two versions, it is important to consider the needs of the user and the capabilities of the device.