1. AMQP :
AMQP is an acronym used for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol. It is a protocol that is used for communication between applications. It is a lightweight, protocol which supports the applications for transfer of data. This protocol is used for its scalability and modularity with the technologies.
2. HTTP :
HTTP is an acronym used for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. It is a protocol that is used for the communication between client and server. This protocol is responsible for the response from the server-side to the client response. It is a base protocol for the communication of web services.
Difference between AMQP and HTTP :
|Full Form||Advanced Message Queuing Protocol.||Hyper Text Markup Protocol.|
|Developed by||It was developed by JPMorgan Chase.||It was developed by Tim Berners-Lee.|
|Communication Nature||It has asynchronous communication nature.||It has synchronous communication nature.|
|Usage||It is easy to setup and manage.||It is user centric and it can be used in every aspect.|
|Message Delivery||It has guaranteed message delivery.||It has no guarantee for message delivery.|
|Interface||It provides publish/subscribe interface.||It provides point to point interface.|
|Fault Tolerance||AMQP protocol can bear the server broke issue on its own.||HTTP protocol is not capable to react to the server breakdown issue.|
|Segmentation||It has the property of segmentation and can process messages into slots.||It does not has this capability to treat each message as segments.|
|Protocol Characteristics||It is specific protocol used for specific purposes.||It is general purpose protocol and is used for multiple purposes.|
|Advantages||It is fast, flexible and cost effective protocol.||It is well known, efficient and muti-purpose protocol.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between AMQP and JMS
- Difference between MQTT and HTTP protocols
- Difference between COAP and MQTT protocols
- Types of Virtual Private Network (VPN) and its Protocols
- Trust Based Energy-Efficient and Secure Routing Protocols for IoT
- Critique of OSI Model and Protocols
- Network Protocols and Communications
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- Difference between HTTP and IPFS
- Difference between SOAP and HTTP
- Protocols in Application Layer
- Routing v/s Routed Protocols in Computer Network
- Sliding Window protocols Summary With Questions
- Controlled Access Protocols in Computer Network
- Multiple Access Protocols in Computer Network
- Classes of Routing Protocols
- Securing Routing Protocols
- Collision-Free Protocols in Computer Network
- MANET Routing Protocols
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.