Difference between Amazon Drive and ShareFile
1. Amazon Drive:
Amazon Drive is a file hosting service and cloud storage provided by Amazon. It allows cloud storage, file hosting, file sharing, and file backup. File and folders on this drive can be transferred from multiple devices like desktops, mobile, and tablets. Amazon Drive was initially known as Amazon Cloud Drive. It is not available across the world. It is available for some selected countries. It was launched in 2011.
Some key features of Amazon Drive:
- User-friendly interface: Amazon Drive has a user-friendly interface that allows users to easily upload, download, and manage their files.
- Automatic backup: Amazon Drive offers automatic backup options for photos and videos on mobile devices.
- Easy sharing: Amazon Drive allows users to easily share files with others via a link or granting specific access to certain folders.
- Integration with Amazon Photos: Amazon Drive is tightly integrated with Amazon Photos, allowing users to easily store and share their photos and videos.
2. ShareFile :
ShareFile is a file synchronization service, file sharing service, and cloud-based file storage service which is provided by Citrix Systems. It is a secure content collaboration that supports document-centered tasks. It provides cloud-based storage, virtual data rooms, and client portals. It was developed by Jesse Lipson. It is suitable for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. It does not offer free storage space. It was launched in 2005.
Some key features of ShareFile:
- Custom branding: ShareFile allows businesses to customize their branding on the file-sharing platform, including the logo, colors, and fonts.
- Advanced security features: ShareFile offers advanced security features such as password-protected files, SSL/TLS encryption, and two-factor authentication.
- Collaboration tools: ShareFile offers collaboration tools such as real-time editing, file versioning, and commenting.
- Integration with other tools: ShareFile is integrated with other tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Office 365, and Google Drive.
Similarities between Amazon Drive and ShareFile :
- Cloud-based storage: Both Amazon Drive and ShareFile store data and files in the cloud, making it easy for users to access their files from anywhere with an internet connection.
- File syncing: Both services allow users to sync files across multiple devices, ensuring that the latest version of a file is always available.
- Security: Both services offer robust security features, such as encryption, access controls, and multi-factor authentication, to ensure the safety and privacy of user data.
- Collaboration: Both services include collaboration features, such as the ability to share files with others and track changes to documents.
- Integration: Both services integrate with other tools and software, such as Microsoft Office, making it easy to create, edit, and share files directly from within the platform.
- Pricing: Both services offer a range of pricing plans, including free and paid options, with different storage capacities and features.
Difference between Amazon Drive and ShareFile are as follows:
|It is owned by Amazon.||It is owned by Citrix Systems.|
|It was launched in 2011.||It was launched in 2005.|
|It offers 5 GB of free storage space.||It offers 30 days free trial with a maximum storage size of 10 GB.|
|It was developed by Amazon.||It was developed by Jesse Lipson.|
|It has a maximum storage size of 30 TB.||Maximum storage size is unlimited here.|
|It is used in all countries excluding Mexico and China.||While it is used worldwide.|
|It is used to store photos specifically.||It is used to store all types of files.|
|It is a file hosting and cloud storage service.||It is a commercial file-sharing and file-synchronization service.|
|It is generally used for storing personal data.||It is used in small and large businesses.|
|Maximum file size is 2 GB upload via web and 50 GB upload via drive application.||Maximum file size is 10 GB to 100 GB according to plans.|
Amazon Drive and ShareFile are both cloud-based storage solutions, but they serve different purposes. Amazon Drive is designed for personal file storage and sharing, while ShareFile is designed for businesses that need to securely store, share, and collaborate on files. While both services offer some security and collaboration features, ShareFile offers more advanced options and integration with other tools and services. It’s important for users to evaluate their specific needs before deciding which service to use.
Please Login to comment...