- Alert Box
- Confirmation Box
- Prompt Box
All of these popups open a modal window, meaning that the user cannot interact with the rest of the components of the web page without responding to this window first. In this article, we will discuss between the most two confusing pop-up box Alert and Confirmation box.
- An alert box is used to inform/alert the user about an event.
- This type of popup box has only one button, named ‘OK’, and has no return value.
- Alert Box can be called using the function alert(“message”).
- A Confirmation Box is used to provide user with a choice about an event.
- This type of popup box has two buttons, named ‘OK’ and ‘Cancel’, and return ‘true’ and ‘false’ when respective buttons are clicked.
- Confirmation Box can be called using the function confirm(“message”).
Below example illustrates the differences between alert Box and confirmation Box.
Action-based on Confirmation Box returns different values. But alert box return only agreed value that user have-
- When ‘OK’ button is pressed in Confirmation Box, the function confirm() returns ‘true’, when ‘Cancel’ is pressed it returns ‘false’.
- Below is a simple If-Else statement to check the return type.
- We achieve this by modifying the function ‘confirmationBox()’ in the above code snippet.
Output : Output in browser console when ‘OK’ and later ‘Cancel’ buttons are pressed.
- How to pop an alert message box using PHP ?
- How to add a new line in the alert box ?
- How to change the style of alert box using CSS ?
- HTML | Window alert( ) Method
- How to Remove extra right margin when using alert-dismissible ?
- How to load notification alert on top right corner without click of button in bootstrap ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.