1. 4th Dimension (4D) :
The 4th Dimension is a relational database management system and IDE developed by Laurent Ribardière. 4D can run as a server so that multiple clients can manage a single database. 4D was created in 1984 and had a slightly delayed public release for Macintosh in 1987. It is an application development environment with integrated database management system.
1. Adaptable Database System (ADABAS) :
ADABAS was developed by Software AG to run on IBM mainframes. It was launched in 1971. It is an OLTP – DBMS for mainframes and Linux/Unix/Windows environments. ADABAS is an enterprise database management system (DBMS) designed for reliability, high performance, scalability and low total cost of ownership.
Difference between 4D and ADABAS :
|1.||Developed By 4D, Inc on 1984.||Developed By Software AG on 1971.|
|2.||It is an application development environment with integrated database management system.||It is an OLTP – DBMS for mainframes and Linux/Unix/Windows environments.|
|3.||It is written in C and C++ languages.||It is written in Natural language.|
|4.||Server operating systems for 4D are OS X and Windows.||Server operating systems for ADABAS are BS2000, Linux, Unix, Windows, z/OS and z/VSE.|
|5.||It support XML Format.||It does not support XML Format.|
|6.||It support the Server-side scripting.||Server-side scripting is done in Natural.|
|7.||There is no Partitioning methods.||It supports partitioning methods.|
|8.||It supports SQL query language.||It also supports SQL query language with add-on product ADABAS SQL Gateway.|
|9.||It support only one replication methods – Master-master replication.||It also supports partitioning with add-on product Event Replicator.|
|10.||It provides the concept of Referential Integrity. Hence, no Foreign Keys.||It does not provides the concept of Referential Integrity. Hence, no Foreign Keys.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Adabas and Aerospike
- Difference between Adabas and AlaSQL
- Difference between Adabas and AgensGraph
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud AnalyticDB for MySQL
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud Log Service
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL
- Difference between Adabas and Amazon Neptune
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Adabas and AnzoGraph
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud MaxCompute
- Difference between Adabas and Amazon Aurora
- Difference between Adabas and Couchbase
- Difference between Adabas and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.