PHP is a server-side scripting language designed specifically for web development. It can be easily embedded in HTML files and HTML codes can also be written in a PHP file. The thing that differentiates PHP with client-side language like HTML is, PHP codes are executed on the server whereas HTML codes are directly rendered on the browser.
C is a procedural programming language. It was initially developed by Dennis Ritchie as a system programming language to write an operating system. The main features of C language include low-level access to memory, a simple set of keywords, and clean style, these features make C language suitable for system programmings like an operating system or compiler development.
Similarities between PHP and C
|Operators||All type of operators in C behave in similar way in PHP, such as basic arithmetic, boolean, assignment and comparison operators.|
|Function prototype||User defines functions are named in same way in both the languages.|
Differences between PHP and C
PHP has only two numerical data type:
Strings are of random length and there is no character data type available in PHP.
|Type Conversion||Data types are not checked during compile-time and data type errors are rare to occur. Values and variables are automatically cast into the suitable data type.||In C variables are declared with data types. While some data types have implicit conversion, others need to be type-casted.
Data type error occurs in C commonly and should be taken care.
Superficially they look similar to arrays in C.
|Structure||No structure type needed because of array and objects.||Structure type exists in C.|
|Prototypes||There are no prototype in PHP because function is not required to be declared before it’s implementation.||There are prototypes in C because function is required to be declared before its implementation.|
|Permissiveness||PHP is a lot more lenient when compared to C. More than errors there are unexpected results for making new mistakes.||
C will give errors if data type is not declared, array size is not declared, etc.
Comparing it to PHP it is a little stricter.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C++
- What are the differences and Similarities Between Lumen and Laravel?
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C language
- Difference between T-SQL and PL-SQL
- Difference Between GIT and SVN
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between ELT and ETL
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference between DFA and NFA
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference between IoT and M2M
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.