PHP is a server-side scripting language designed specifically for web development. It can be easily embedded in HTML files and HTML codes can also be written in a PHP file. The thing that differentiates PHP with client-side language like HTML is, PHP codes are executed on the server whereas HTML codes are directly rendered on the browser.
C is a procedural programming language. It was initially developed by Dennis Ritchie as a system programming language to write an operating system. The main features of C language include low-level access to memory, a simple set of keywords, and clean style, these features make C language suitable for system programmings like an operating system or compiler development.
Similarities between PHP and C
|Operators||All type of operators in C behave in similar way in PHP, such as basic arithmetic, boolean, assignment and comparison operators.|
|Function prototype||User defines functions are named in same way in both the languages.|
Differences between PHP and C
PHP has only two numerical data type:
Strings are of random length and there is no character data type available in PHP.
|Type Conversion||Data types are not checked during compile-time and data type errors are rare to occur. Values and variables are automatically cast into the suitable data type.||In C variables are declared with data types. While some data types have implicit conversion, others need to be type-casted.
Data type error occurs in C commonly and should be taken care.
Superficially they look similar to arrays in C.
|Structure||No structure type needed because of array and objects.||Structure type exists in C.|
|Prototypes||There are no prototype in PHP because function is not required to be declared before it’s implementation.||There are prototypes in C because function is required to be declared before its implementation.|
|Permissiveness||PHP is a lot more lenient when compared to C. More than errors there are unexpected results for making new mistakes.||
C will give errors if data type is not declared, array size is not declared, etc.
Comparing it to PHP it is a little stricter.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C++
- What are the differences and Similarities Between Lumen and Laravel?
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C language
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between ANN, CNN and RNN
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between AIX and HP-UX
- Difference between AIX and QNX
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between DAS and NAS
- Difference Between JSP and PHP
- Difference between ADO and ADO.NET
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference between DTE and DCE
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.