Round 1(Online Round):
This was conducted in Hackereath. There were 3 coding questions. (90 min)
- Two binary strings(consisting of 0’s and 1’s only) are given, find no. of mismatches. For example, no. of mismatches in 000 and 001 is 1 and no. of mismatches between 010 and 101 is 3.(20 points)
- A good number is defined as no. consisting of only 4’s and 5’s, it should be a palindrome and its length should be even. Find the nth good number. For example for n=1 A=44, n=2 A=55, n=3 A=4444, n=4 A=4554 and so on… n<=10^6 and t(no. of test cases)<=10^6.(50 points)
- I don’t remember exactly but it was some array question based on sliding window technique. (50 points)
34 students were shortlisted after this round.
Round 2(Technical Round 30-40 min):
He gave two coding questions and a SQL query and some discussions regarding the project, first he asked me to explain the logic and then write the code.
- check if one array is rotated version of another or not.
- I need to extract email addresses from a given string (rules for valid email were given) in an optimised way as possible.
After this round 19 students were shortlisted.
Round 3(Group Activity):
Duration 30 min.
They had divided us into two groups. We were given the building block and we need to construct the bridge with the help of those building block. In the first 15 min, groups were working separately. After 15 min, they told both the team to work together and complete the bridge.
It was a non-elimination round but they had scored the candidates.
Round 4( Technical 2) 45 min:
He started by discussing my project where he asked me about SQL vs no-SQL, ACID properties in both, query optimizations in both and more discussions regarding sharding, indexing, B+ Trees. Then he asked me about my favourite topic to which I said Data Structures and Algorithms, then he asked me about heap sort and how to find the shortest distance between two nodes in a graph.
Then he gave me a question where there is a 4 digit code(Hidden) and I need to guess it to which system will give two values in return(No. of Exact matches(digit and position both are matched) and No. of Partial matches(digit is matched but position isn’t)). using that values I need to plan my next query and in this way, I need to crack the code. He asked me to write code for this.
11 students were shortlisted after this round.
Round 5(Pro-fit Round) 25 min:
This was like an HR round but they called it professionally-fit round.
- Introduce Yourself
- How was your experience coming to college?
- few questions regarding coding competitions which I mentioned in the CV.
- How I got familiar with coding?
- My family background.
- What do I do free time?
- last movie I watched, discussion on that movie.
- why DB?
- what’s DB gain in hiring you?
- any plan for further studies?
- how my life will change after joining DB?
- Any questions I would like to ask?
Round 6(HR round) 10 min:
- companies I sat before DB and till where I went.
- most interesting thing in the whole interview process.
- some discussion regarding JEE.
- how you handle failure?
Finally, 7 students were selected and I was one of them.
It was a nice experience. I would like to thanks Geeksforgeeks for helping me out for my placement preparation.
All the best