Deutsche Bank Interview Experience for FTE | On-Campus 2020(Virtual)
- CGPA:- 7+
- Branches allowed:- CSE, IT, ECE, MCA
Round 1 (Online coding Round 90 min): Deutsche Bank visited our college in September 2020. First-round was conducted on the HackerEarth platform. There were 3 coding questions. The questions were of medium-hard level with the score divided like 20 (DP), 50 (Graphs), 50 (Maths).
Q 1: (20 marks): Given an array, find the minimum cost of jumping out of the array. You can either jump 2 indices forward or 1 index backward and the cost of a jump from the index i is a[i]
- This question is nearly asked every time in the Deutsche Bank test
- Solved by constructing a graph and using Dijkstra’s algo.
- It can be solved using DP also.
Q 2: (50 marks): Given N, find two numbers with a product greater than or equal to N and with a minimum sum.
- Basic maths question solved by making 2 equations.
- x.y= N and x+y= S
- Then dS/dx= 0
Q 3: (50 marks): It was a DFS question where edges representing time, we had to find the total minimum time spent in visiting all vertices, but there was a sequence given in which we can visit vertices.
- Solved by defining a comparator and then sorting the edges.
22 students were shortlisted for interviews.
Round 2 (Technical Interview 45mins):
- Introduced himself and asked me to do the same.
- What are Data Structures & uses?.
- How is DP different from the divide and conquer.
- OOPS, encapsulation, polymorphism concepts.
- He asked a lot of questions on Java concepts as my project was in Java, like socket programming, multithreading.
- Asked about Java Messaging Services (used in a project).
- Gave a number sequence, and asked to find next to no. in series & asked to code it.
- As I have written puzzles in area of interest asked me a puzzle- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-29-car-wheel-puzzle/
- Find min no. in an array whose value is larger than the array size. & code
- Discussion on the internship project.
- Do you have any questions? Ask questions, prepare at least 1 question for each round. I asked about SDLC used in Deutsche Bank.
16 were selected for the next round.
Round 3 (Technical Interview 45min-1hr):
- A detailed discussion of the intern project, and “all” other projects mentioned in the resume.
- Asked me about exception handling and types- (checked and unchecked) and how it is handled and gets transferred to the caller. Asked me to give an example.
- OOPS, concepts detail discussion with code examples.
- Asked about microservices architecture (mentioned in resume).
- What is the superclass, can a class be superclass and subclass both.
- What is a stack, queue, arrays, real-world examples of it?
- Dynamic memory allocation in C.
- Are there pointers in Java, the difference between reference and pointers in C?
- Gave me 2-3 java codes and asked its output, or what is happening here- one was instance recursion- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27296123/java-class-instance-recursive-calling
- And other was the output of a code- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1700081/why-is-128-128-false-but-127-127-is-true-when-comparing-integer-wrappers-in-ja
- Code to reverse a linked list.
- Do you have any questions? I asked about the hierarchy of Deutsche Bank that was described by them in PPT, be attentive in PPTs and try to note down questions for future rounds.
12 were selected for the next round.
Round 4 (Pro-Fit Round 20-30mins):
- It was professional fitness or a managerial round taken by senior executives of the company.
- He introduced himself and asked me to do the same.
- Asked about previous interviews.
- Again a detailed discussion on the tech stack I worked on during my internship.
- He even asked about what was the real-world challenge to which my intern project is a solution.
- Why the finance sector?
- Future plans
- Do you have any questions?
- I asked him 3 questions. It is very important to ask questions in this round since they want it to be like a discussion.
Round 5 (HR 10-15mins):
- Asked about my family background.
- Asked about previous interviews, who took them.
- As I have interned from a product based company, he asked which is better finance or product based industry. And why do you want to enter the finance sector?
- Asked if I have any family members in Deutsche Bank.
- Do you have a Passport/ family members in Deutsche Bank?
- Do you have any questions?
- I asked about the meaning of the Deutsche Bank symbol since it was not very explanatory, HR told me it’s a good question.
Finally, 9 students were selected for a full-time role. The entire process from round 2-5 was completed within a day through the Skype business app.
My suggestion would be to go through interview experiences available on GFG since the questions asked are very similar. Be confident in your answers. Ask at least 1 question in each round, it creates a positive impact. And make your resume properly, you must know about everything that you mention. They will properly go through your resume and ask questions regarding that, even about hobbies & areas of interest.
Good Luck with your Placements !!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.