Detect the RGB color from a webcam using Python – OpenCV
Every image is represented by 3 colors that are Red, Green and Blue. Let us see how to find the most dominant color captured by the webcam using Python.
- Import the cv2 and NumPy modules
- Capture the webcam video using the cv2.VideoCapture(0) method.
- Display the current frame using the cv2.imshow() method.
- Run a while loop and take the current frame using the read() method.
- Take the red, blue and green elements and store them in a list.
- Compute the average of each list.
- Whichever average has the greatest value, display that color.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course