Detect the RGB color from a webcam using Python – OpenCV
Every image is represented by 3 colors that are Red, Green and Blue. Let us see how to find the most dominant color captured by the webcam using Python.
- Import the cv2 and NumPy modules
- Capture the webcam video using the cv2.VideoCapture(0) method.
- Display the current frame using the cv2.imshow() method.
- Run a while loop and take the current frame using the read() method.
- Take the red, blue and green elements and store them in a list.
- Compute the average of each list.
- Whichever average has the greatest value, display that color.