Design a Learning System in Machine Learning
According to Arthur Samuel “Machine Learning enables a Machine to Automatically learn from Data, Improve performance from an Experience and predict things without explicitly programmed.”
In Simple Words, When we fed the Training Data to Machine Learning Algorithm, this algorithm will produce a mathematical model and with the help of the mathematical model, the machine will make a prediction and take a decision without being explicitly programmed. Also, during training data, the more machine will work with it the more it will get experience and the more it will get experience the more efficient result is produced.
Example : In Driverless Car, the training data is fed to Algorithm like how to Drive Car in Highway, Busy and Narrow Street with factors like speed limit, parking, stop at signal etc. After that, a Logical and Mathematical model is created on the basis of that and after that, the car will work according to the logical model. Also, the more data the data is fed the more efficient output is produced.
Designing a Learning System in Machine Learning :
According to Tom Mitchell, “A computer program is said to be learning from experience (E), with respect to some task (T). Thus, the performance measure (P) is the performance at task T, which is measured by P, and it improves with experience E.”
Example: In Spam E-Mail detection,
- Task, T: To classify mails into Spam or Not Spam.
- Performance measure, P: Total percent of mails being correctly classified as being “Spam” or “Not Spam”.
- Experience, E: Set of Mails with label “Spam”
Steps for Designing Learning System are:
Step 1) Choosing the Training Experience: The very important and first task is to choose the training data or training experience which will be fed to the Machine Learning Algorithm. It is important to note that the data or experience that we fed to the algorithm must have a significant impact on the Success or Failure of the Model. So Training data or experience should be chosen wisely.
Below are the attributes which will impact on Success and Failure of Data:
- The training experience will be able to provide direct or indirect feedback regarding choices. For example: While Playing chess the training data will provide feedback to itself like instead of this move if this is chosen the chances of success increases.
- Second important attribute is the degree to which the learner will control the sequences of training examples. For example: when training data is fed to the machine then at that time accuracy is very less but when it gains experience while playing again and again with itself or opponent the machine algorithm will get feedback and control the chess game accordingly.
- Third important attribute is how it will represent the distribution of examples over which performance will be measured. For example, a Machine learning algorithm will get experience while going through a number of different cases and different examples. Thus, Machine Learning Algorithm will get more and more experience by passing through more and more examples and hence its performance will increase.
Step 2- Choosing target function: The next important step is choosing the target function. It means according to the knowledge fed to the algorithm the machine learning will choose NextMove function which will describe what type of legal moves should be taken. For example : While playing chess with the opponent, when opponent will play then the machine learning algorithm will decide what be the number of possible legal moves taken in order to get success.
Step 3- Choosing Representation for Target function: When the machine algorithm will know all the possible legal moves the next step is to choose the optimized move using any representation i.e. using linear Equations, Hierarchical Graph Representation, Tabular form etc. The NextMove function will move the Target move like out of these move which will provide more success rate. For Example : while playing chess machine have 4 possible moves, so the machine will choose that optimized move which will provide success to it.
Step 4- Choosing Function Approximation Algorithm: An optimized move cannot be chosen just with the training data. The training data had to go through with set of example and through these examples the training data will approximates which steps are chosen and after that machine will provide feedback on it. For Example : When a training data of Playing chess is fed to algorithm so at that time it is not machine algorithm will fail or get success and again from that failure or success it will measure while next move what step should be chosen and what is its success rate.
Step 5- Final Design: The final design is created at last when system goes from number of examples , failures and success , correct and incorrect decision and what will be the next step etc. Example: DeepBlue is an intelligent computer which is ML-based won chess game against the chess expert Garry Kasparov, and it became the first computer which had beaten a human chess expert.