Deloitte USI Interview Experience for Business Technology Analyst (On-Campus) 2021
Deloitte USI visited our campus for three roles: Analyst, Business Technology Analyst, and Risk and Financial Advisory. Around 150 students had applied for the role of BTA. The students were asked to submit their resumes and all were shortlisted after a resume screening.
Round 1: AMCAT Online Test (1 hour 30 minutes): The first round was an online test conducted by AMCAT. This round consisted of 5 sections
- Advanced Quantitative aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English comprehension
- Technical MCQs on ASP.NET Core and Data Structures
This round did not have coding questions. Instead, we had various snippets from Data Structures, AngularJS, and ASP.NET Core. The aptitude questions were tricky and requires a lot of practice to solve within the given time.
The test results were released after three days and the emails were sent personally to the shortlisted students. Out of 150 students, around 30 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2: Versant Test (30 minutes): In this round, the students were asked to attend a language proficiency test. This round had five sections.
Before the test makes sure your surrounding is quiet and attend only using wired, noise-cancellation headphones. Make sure to have a pen and paper to take notes.
- Sentence Builds
- Story Retellings
After this section, out of 30 students, 20 were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 3: JAM – Just A Minute: Deloitte USI usually conducts group discussions. But since the recruitment was virtual the students were asked to take part in a JAM session.
In this round, each student was assigned a topic and was asked to talk about it for a minute. The topics were very common and can be found on any website. I suggest you go through the most commonly asked JAM questions on the internet.
I was asked to speak on the topic “The impact of technology on the Health Care sector”. After this round, 16 students were shortlisted for the technical interview.
Round 4: Technical Interview -1 (45 minutes):
- Introduce yourself
- Do you like cricket?
- Who is your favorite player? Is there any specific reason why you admire that person?
After a smooth conversation for around 2 minutes, the interviewer asked if we could move on to the interview questions.
1. Do you know Data structures? Explain its use.
2. Do you know OOPS? Explain its features.
3. Any real-time examples of OOPS.
4. Do you know SQL?
5. Write me an SQL query to fetch the second-highest salary from a table. I wrote a query using FETCH and OFFSET.
6. Is there any other way to fetch the second-highest record?
7. Why do we need JOINS?
8. Simple SQL queries using JOINs.
9. What are indexes and views?
10. Have you heard about stored procedures? Explain.
11. Can you explain to me your project?
12. Why ASP.NET Core?
13. Did you face any technical issues while working on the project?
14. Do you have any questions for me?
A few more questions were asked on my project and I was questioned a lot on my resume. After this round, all 16 students were shortlisted for the final round.
Round 4: HR Round (45 minutes):
There were two interviewers. A Technical Lead from Deloitte USI and HR from Deloitte US.
1. Give me a brief introduction about yourself.
2. How was your interview process till now?
3. Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.
4. What did you do when you experienced discouragement?
5. Do you like sports?
6. Why Deloitte USI?
7. Is there any reason why you preferred for the role of Business Technology Analyst?
8. Are you planning for higher studies?
9. Are you willing to relocate?
A few more questions were based on my resume and I was asked to explain all the projects and technical skills mentioned in my resume. After this round, we had to wait about 4 hours to get our results. 8 students were selected in total and fortunately, I was one of them.