Dell Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus for Dell International R&D)
The Interview Experience below is for Dell International mainly to Dell R&D division. The hire process was mainly focussed on their Server and Storage systems requirement.
This was a On-campus hiring event.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
There was one written test, 1 to 3 technical interviews and a HR round.
-It had basic questions of Quantitative Aptitude,Analytical Aptitude some of Operating Systems,Computer Networks , Database and very few questions on current new technologies.
– there were 50 questions to be answered in 60 mins.
– Half the questions were from aptitude and other from the core Computer Science .
– Each section had a separate cut off.
– Guarantee yourself that you do well in this test as the calls to interview are based on these scores and they call you according to the score you get . you score high marks you are called first to the interview and preference in selection to you will be high.
1st technical Interview:
– I was 10th one to be called for interview.
– I was asked difference in static, global variable. Whats the use of dynamic memory allocation over static. They went little deep.
– They also concentrated more on projects implemented earlier, they were really keen on your implementation details and logic applied . They questioned me every logic i told as to why this why not that.
– Working code to be written for finding the highest frequency number in a unsorted dataset of O’s and 1’s(000010101000011111100).
– Sort an array of 0’s 1’s 2’s (0010200111222200001111).
– They also asked some linux commands and Operating system concepts like system call,forking in linux.
Some people also had their 2nd technical also but i was taken to HR round.
Questions were very basic/routine in HR round.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.