Profile – Software Engineer
Date: 18/07/2019 – 19/07/2019
- Shortlisting of the students by the company
- Online Test
- Technical Personal Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
- HR Interview
Around 1300 students registered for the recruitment process, out of which only 155 students were shortlisted by the company.
Round 1: The shortlisted students had to appear for the online test which was conducted by HIREPRO. The online test was of 50 marks which lasted for 75 minutes. The test had three sections. They are –
1. Aptitude and Reasoning (15 questions, 25 minutes) – Data Interpretation, Percentage, Profit-Loss, Time, Distance, Speed, Work
2. Technical (25 questions, 45 minutes) – DBMS, SQL, OS, CN, Software Engineering, Data Structures, and Algorithms
3. Language (10 questions, 15 minutes) – Option was provided. A candidate had to choose one among Java, Python, C++.
The questions in the first section were easy and conceptual. There was no negative marking.
Round 2: Technical Personal Interview
Out of 155 students, around 44 students were shortlisted for the technical interview. My interviewer was nicer to me. He asked me everything from my resume and the questions were very easy and basic and lasted for around 25-30 minutes.
- Brief Introduction
- Explain OOPS Concept with explanation, examples
- Swapping of two numbers without a third variable, dry-run it and optimize the approach. (I explained to him using three methods – addition-subtraction, multiplication-division, exponential-log).
- Find the second largest number from a bunch of numbers. (I used an array and did it in O(N) time and O(1) space complexity.
- Write an SQL query to evaluate A-B using joins.
- Differentiate between Truncate and Delete.
- Explain DML and DDL commands.
- Some questions were on A.W.S. (I did an internship which included working on AWS).
- Explain your role in the internships and the projects. (Questions were asked from the software development part).
- Rate yourself in Java and Python.
TIP: BE SPECIFIC AND UP TO THE POINT. DO NOT EXAGGERATE.
Round 3: Hiring Manager
It was a difficult one and lasted for around 30-35 minutes. The questions were only from my projects and research paper.
- As I did a project on a prediction problem, so I was asked about the prediction problem, algorithms used, features used.
- Differentiate between Random Forest and Decision Tree.
- Explain interface, abstract class.
- Write an algorithm to implement the Shortest Path from one location to another but do not use pre-existing algorithms.
- Design an application for the above question in 10 minutes and explain the features.
- Explain Neural Network. (Research Paper)
- Tell me your strengths and weakness
- Why should I hire you?
TIP: DO NOT PANIC AND BE CONFIDENT
Round 4: HR Round
It was quite good and very technical. It lasted for around 15-20 minutes.
- Brief Introduction
- What languages do you know other the languages mentioned in the Resume?
- Why should I hire you?
- Strengths and Weakness
- Whom do you aspire to become?
- My parent’s occupation
- Location Preference
TIP: REMEMBER TO ASK YOUR INTERVIEWER HIS/HER NAME IF YOU DO NOT KNOW.
After a two days long procedure, only 12 students got selected. As I was among the selected students, we were given a hard disk of Dell EMC and a photograph was clicked with the company and university officials.
Note: Always be confident, genuine and conceptual in terms of talk. Be specific and if you don’t know an answer, reply with a kind line- “SORRY SIR/ MA’AM, I DON’T KNOW” and if an interviewer tells you about your mistakes and flaws, be kind to except that and reply with – “I WILL WORK ON IT”.
I have been thankful to GeeksforGeeks for my preparation and I would highly recommend you to use its online resources and courses.
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Dell Interview Experience- On Campus, 2019
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus for Dell International R&D)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus for Dell International R&D)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- Dell R&D interview experience
- Dell EMC Drive Interview Experience
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- DELL EMC Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus)
- Dell Bangalore Interview Experience For SDE (On-campus)
- Dell Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 5 (For Platform Software Engineer)
- DELL Interview | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Interview Experience at Naggaro 2019 (3 yrs of Experience)
- TCS NQT 2019 Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.