Dell Interview Experience for Internship
Initially, a total of 190 peoples were shortlisted for the Online Test 1.
Round 1(Online Test (1 hour 15 minutes): The round was divided into 3 parts
- Section 1(20 minutes): 20 Questions based on Aptitude, Reasoning, etc.
- Section 2(40 minutes): 23 Questions based on Core Subjects: OS, OOP, DSA, DAA, DBMS, CN
- Section 3(Programming Snippets): A choice was given here so whether you want to answer the following questions in JAVA or C++. This section had 7 questions
In total, we had to answer 50 questions in 75 minutes.
Around 75 students were shortlisted from this round and called up for the interviews.
Round 2 (Technical Interview):
- Introduce yourself
- All the technical questions will be based on your resume. I had done my projects in Android so was asked the same.
- Few of the students got a coding problem in this round, the questions were easy and an optimized approach wasn’t asked for, only the proper implementation would be sufficient.
- “Do you have some questions for us ?”, this question is the second most asked question after “Introduce yourself”. Have an answer prepared for this beforehand as it shows your interest explicitly?
My interview lasted almost an hour, as we discussed android development extensively.
Around 35 students were shortlisted from this interview and called up for the HR Interview
Round 3(HR Interview):
- How I landed up in college?
- Why should we hire you?
- Tell me about an incident where you’ve solved a real-life problem working in a team (Try mentioning software engineering frameworks: Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Do you have any questions for us?
- Try to be confident in your answers and ensure that you’re speaking correct and comprehensible English.
- Make sure the recruiter believes that you’re a logical person who has great communication skills and is also a team player.
I was among the 14 who got selected for this. 😉