Telephonic Interview due to COVID-19
Round 1 :
- Merge Sort, internal functioning, its complexity.
- A SQL query was given, I need to find its result.
- Discussion about locks, synchronized blocks, deadlocks with different situations.
- Asked about mutual exclusion, progress & bounded waiting
- Discussion on 0-1 knapsack problem
- A code snippet was given related to trees, need to tell what that code is doing.
- Oops concepts: Abstract classes, Interfaces & the difference between them.
- Asked for my Work Experience in the previous company & the project’s discussion.
- Started with a brief introduction & projects from resume
- Difference between list and set.
- Design LRU cache
- Difference between Hashtable and HashMap
- Discussed multi-threading concept(Asynchronous calls, Future, Concurrent Collections, Threads) – CountDownLatch
- A programming question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-smallest-value-represented-sum-subset-given-array/
Discussion on my past projects and work experience in the previous company.
- Discussion on databases:
- Difference between ElasticSearch & other NoSql Databases. Why I have used ES in my project.
- Can Redis be used as Database?
- Java Concepts: Pass by reference.
- Design a system, where you need to show each user a list of advertisements in a random fashion till the list is complete and then again show them in a different order than the earlier one shown.
- Open-ended question: You are going to be stranded on an island and you are allowed to take just 1 bag, what all things will you take with yourself.