Given a binary tree and a node K, the task is to delete the node K from it by making sure that tree shrinks from the bottom (i.e. the deleted node is replaced by bottom-most and rightmost node) using Level Order Traversal.
- Start searching from the root, the address of node which is to be deleted by traversing in level order-wise.
- Continue Traversing Tree to find the deepest and rightmost node in level order wise to find the deepest and the rightmost node.
- If the node to delete is different from rightmost deepest node, then replace the node to be deleted with righmost deepest node and delete the later node
- If the node to delete is same as rightmost deepest node, then simply delete the node.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
Original Tree: 1 8 3 4 5 6 7 Deleting node with key 8: 1 7 3 4 5 6 Deleting node with key 1: 6 7 3 4 5 Deleting node with key 4: 6 7 3 5
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Level order traversal of Binary Tree using Morris Traversal
- Print a Binary Tree in Vertical Order | Set 3 (Using Level Order Traversal)
- Flatten Binary Tree in order of Level Order Traversal
- Given level order traversal of a Binary Tree, check if the Tree is a Min-Heap
- Density of Binary Tree using Level Order Traversal
- Boundary Level order traversal of a Binary Tree
- General Tree (Each node can have arbitrary number of children) Level Order Traversal
- Perfect Binary Tree Specific Level Order Traversal | Set 2
- Perfect Binary Tree Specific Level Order Traversal
- Check if the level order traversal of a Binary Tree results in a palindrome
- Calculate height of Binary Tree using Inorder and Level Order Traversal
- Check if the given array can represent Level Order Traversal of Binary Search Tree
- Build Binary Tree from BST such that it's level order traversal prints sorted data
- Level Order Predecessor of a node in Binary Tree
- Level Order Successor of a node in Binary Tree
- Find the kth node in vertical order traversal of a Binary Tree
- Create a binary tree from post order traversal and leaf node array
- Insertion in n-ary tree in given order and Level order traversal
- Level Order Tree Traversal
- Zig Zag Level order traversal of a tree using single array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.