Defect is an application that can cause very harmful situation in different phases or stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Defect Prevention (DP) is basically a process of simply identifying defects, their root causes, and to take appropriate measures to prevent them from re-occurrence in further process and future. It also ensures that defect get resolved at an early stage rather than later stage. Root cause analysis is one of best methods to identify and resolve defects or errors.
Roles and responsibility of Team :
To perform DP, different groups are generally involved. These groups have different responsibilities as per requirement. They are responsible to maintain software quality by performing major tasks, after all quality product is main aim. Therefore, quality assurance is very much important aspect of SDLC. Major tasks of different teams are given below :
- Role of Manager :
- Manages all activities of development group.
- Provide support and guidance to encourage and increase work productivity to achieve success of defect prevention management.
- Set some goals in order to complete work on a given period of time.
- Provide resources that is required, some training to team members, various tools that are required for successful development of software products.
- Make cultural changes if required.
- Role of Testers :
- Identify data if present.
- Develop and maintain defect reports that include information of defect that is being identified.
- Update defect report on regular basis to avoid any issue and problem.
- Review design to check against customers requirements.
- Code review for validating design and implementation of features.
- Plan implementation of change.
- Role of Clients :
- Feedback from clients because more fasters developers receive feedback, much faster they will fix issues that are arising.
- Must control budget for software development.
- Provide development requirements.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Defect Prevention Methods and Techniques
- Different steps involved in Defect Prevention
- Defect Prevention in Software Engineering
- Defect Prevention Responsibilities for Testers
- Different Defect States available in Defect Life Cycle
- Software Engineering | Differences between defect, bug and failure
- Roles and Responsibilities of Participants of Defect Triage Process
- Different States of Defect and Workflow
- Different Roles of RCA Team
- Different ways to Improve Maintenance Team
- Importance of Maintenance Team
- Defect Priority
- Categories of Software Defect
- Defect Severity
- Different participants of Defect Life Cycle
- Steps in Defect Triage Process
- Defect Triage Meeting
- Defect Triage Report Format
- Activities Performed during Defect Triage Process
- Guidelines to establish Defect Life Cycle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.