Given an encrypted string str, the task is to decrypt the given string when the encryption rules are as follows:
- Start with the first character of the original string.
- In every odd step, append the next character to it.
- In every even step, prepend the next character to the encrypted string so far.
For example, if str = “geeks” then the encrypted string will be,
g -> ge -> ege -> egek -> segek
Input: str = “segosegekfrek”
Input: str = “vrstie”
Approach: The steps that are given to encrypt the string can be followed in reverse order to obtain the original string. There will be two conditions to obtain the original string:
- If the string is of odd length, in odd step add the characters from the back in the resultant string, else add from the front.
- If the string is of even length, in odd step add characters from the front and add characters from back in even step.
The reverse of the resultant string thus obtained is the original string which was encrypted.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Decrypt a string encrypted by repeating i-th character i times
- Check a given sentence for a given set of simple grammer rules
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from the first K characters of a given string
- Minimal moves to form a string by adding characters or appending string itself
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Create a new string by alternately combining the characters of two halves of the string in reverse
- Find length of longest subsequence of one string which is substring of another string
- Check if a string can be converted to another string by replacing vowels and consonants
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string
- Minimum deletions from string to reduce it to string with at most 2 unique characters
- Find the count of palindromic sub-string of a string in its sorted form
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Remove characters from a numeric string such that string becomes divisible by 8
- Minimum changes required to make first string substring of second string
- Decode an Encoded Base 64 String to ASCII String
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.