This method is used to return a new DateTime that adds the specified number of milliseconds to the value of this instance.
public DateTime AddMilliseconds (double value);
Here, it takes a number of whole and fractional milliseconds. The value parameter can be negative or positive and is rounded to the nearest integer.
Return Value: This method returns an object whose value is the sum of the date and time represented by this instance and the number of milliseconds represented by value.
Exceptions: This method will give ArgumentOutOfRangeException if the resulting DateTime is less than MinValue or greater than MaxValue.
Below programs illustrate the use of DateTime.AddMilliseconds(Double) Method:
DateTime before operation: 04:00:15 DateTime after operation: 04:00:18
Example 2: For ArgumentOutOfRangeException
DateTime before operation: 12/31/9999 23:59:59 The resulting DateTime is greater than the DateTime.MaxValue Exception Thrown: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
- Difference between Method Overriding and Method Hiding in C#
- C# | Uri.MakeRelativeUri(Uri) Method
- Array.GetValue() Method in C# with Examples | Set - 1
- C# | CharEnumerator.MoveNext() Method
- C# | Math.IEEERemainder() Method
- C# | Substring() Method
- C# | IndexOfAny() Method
- C# | CharEnumerator.GetType() Method
- File.GetLastWriteTimeUtc() Method in C# with Examples
- MathF.Sin() Method in C# with Examples
- Double.CompareTo Method in C# with Examples
- C# | Graphics.DrawLine() Method | Set - 1
- UInt16.GetHashCode Method in C# with Examples
- Stack.Peek Method in C#
- C# | IsNullOrEmpty() Method
- C# | Math.Sign() Method
- Int64.CompareTo Method in C# with Examples
- C# | PadRight() Method
- How to use Array.BinarySearch() Method in C# | Set -1
- C# | EndsWith() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.