The class Date represents a specific instant in time, with millisecond precision. The Date class of java.util package implements Serializable, Cloneable and Comparable interface. It provides constructors and methods to deal with date and time with java.
- Date() : Creates date object representing current date and time.
- Date(long milliseconds) : Creates a date object for the given milliseconds since January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT.
- Date(int year, int month, int date)
- Date(int year, int month, int date, int hrs, int min)
- Date(int year, int month, int date, int hrs, int min, int sec)
- Date(String s)
Note : The last 4 constructors of the Date class are Deprecated.
Current date is Tue Jul 12 18:35:37 IST 2016 Date represented is Wed Jan 28 02:50:23 IST 1970
- boolean after(Date date) : Tests if current date is after the given date.
- boolean before(Date date) : Tests if current date is before the given date.
- int compareTo(Date date) : Compares current date with given date. Returns 0 if the argument Date is equal to the Date; a value less than 0 if the Date is before the Date argument; and a value greater than 0 if the Date is after the Date argument.
- long getTime() : Returns the number of milliseconds since January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT represented by this Date object.
- void setTime(long time) : Changes the current date and time to given time.
Date d3 comes after date d2: true Date d3 comes before date d2: false 1 Miliseconds from Jan 1 1970 to date d1 is 60935500800000 Before setting Tue Jul 12 13:13:16 UTC 2016 After setting Fri Jun 25 21:50:33 UTC 1976
This article is contributed by Rahul Agrawal .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- util.date class methods in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java.util.BitSet class in Java with Examples | Set 1
- URL class in Java with Examples
- Calendar Class in Java with examples
- Java AWT | Cursor class with examples
- Java.lang.InheritableThreadLocal Class with Examples
- BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 3
- Math class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- HashMap Class Methods in Java with Examples | Set 1 (put(), get(), isEmpty() and size())
- Date after adding given number of days to the given date
- Implement Ennead Class from Octet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Decade Class from Ennead Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Triplet Class with Pair Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Octet Class from Septet Class in Java using JavaTuples