The before() method of Java Date class tests whether the date is before the specified date or not.
public boolean before(Date when)
Parameters: The function accepts a single parameter when which specifies the date that has to be checked.
Return Value: It returns a Boolean value. It will return true if this date is before the specified date otherwise false.
Exception: The function throws a single exception that is NullPointerException if when is null.
Program below demonstrates the above mentioned function:
Date 1: Thu Dec 05 08:15:01 UTC 1996 Date 2: Wed Jan 02 08:15:01 UTC 2019 Is Date 2 before Date 1: false
Date 1: Wed Jan 02 08:15:06 UTC 2019 Date 1: null On checking these 2 dates: Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
- Date from() method in Java with Examples
- Date toInstant() Method in Java with Examples
- Date compareTo() method in Java with examples
- Date clone() method in Java with Examples
- Date hashCode() method in Java with Examples
- Date getTime() method in Java with Examples
- Date toString() method in Java with Examples
- Date equals() method in Java with Examples
- Date setTime() method in Java with Examples
- Date class in Java (With Examples)
- util.date class methods in Java with Examples
- Date after() method in Java
- DateFormat format(Date obj) method in Java
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.