The database is a collection of organized information so that it can be accessed with ease. It can be accessed or stored at the computer system. It can be managed through a Database management system (DBMS), which is a software that is used to manage data. Database refers to related data which is in a structured form.
It supports the storage and manipulation of data. Basically a database is having 5 sublanguages:
- Data Definition Language(DDL)
- Data Query Language(DQL)
- Data Manipulation Language(DML)
- Data Control Language(DCL)
- Transaction Control Language(TCL)
To connect Database with R Programming we will be going to connect R script with MySQL Database.
To install MYSql refer to its official site dev.mysql.com
To begin with the connection process, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Create a database in MySQL with the following command:
create database databasename;
As you can see in this image we have used the commands to access the database and moreover performed the DML operations in the database.
Step 2: To connect the database with R we can use R Studio. To download R Studio visit rstudio.com
Step 3: Use the following command to install the MySQL library in RStudio:
Now execute the following commands as RScript:
- How to secure database passwords in PHP?
- Create database in Cassandra
- Getting the Modulus of the Determinant of a Matrix in R Programming - determinant() Function
- Set or View the Graphics Palette in R Programming - palette() Function
- tidyr Package in R Programming
- Get Exclusive Elements between Two Objects in R Programming - setdiff() Function
- Intersection of Two Objects in R Programming - intersect() Function
- Add Leading Zeros to the Elements of a Vector in R Programming - Using paste0() and sprintf() Function
- Clustering in R Programming
- Compute Variance and Standard Deviation of a value in R Programming - var() and sd() Function
- Compute Density of the Distribution Function in R Programming - dunif() Function
- Compute Randomly Drawn F Density in R Programming - rf() Function
- Data Handling in R Programming
- Return a Matrix with Lower Triangle as TRUE values in R Programming - lower.tri() Function
- Print the Value of an Object in R Programming - identity() Function
- Check if Two Objects are Equal in R Programming - setequal() Function
- Random Forest with Parallel Computing in R Programming
- R - Object Oriented Programming
- Check for Presence of Common Elements between Objects in R Programming - is.element() Function
- Check if Elements of a Vector are non-empty Strings in R Programming - nzchar() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.