Most of the times, in competitive programming, there is a need to assign the variable, the maximum or minimum value that data type can hold, but remembering such a large and precise number comes out to be a difficult job. Therefore, C++ has certain macros to represent these numbers, so that these can be directly assigned to the variable without actually typing the whole number. List of some of them are mentioned below.
Data Type Range Macro for min value Macro for max value char -128 to +127 CHAR_MIN CHAR_MAX short char -128 to +127 SCHAR_MIN SCHAR_MAX unsigned char 0 to 255 0 UCHAR_MAX short int -32768 to +32767 SHRT_MIN SHRT_MAX unsigned short int 0 to 65535 0 USHRT_MAX int -2147483648 to +2147483647 INT_MIN INT_MAX unsigned int 0 to 4294967295 0 UINT_MAX long int -9223372036854775808 to +9223372036854775807 LONG_MIN LONG_MAX unsigned long int 0 to 18446744073709551615 0 ULONG_MAX long long int -9223372036854775808 to +9223372036854775807 LLONG_MIN LLONG_MAX unsigned long long int 0 to 18446744073709551615 0 ULLONG_MAX float 1.17549e-38 to 3.40282e+38 FLT_MIN FLT_MAX float(negative) -1.17549e-38 to -3.40282e+38 -FLT_MIN -FLT_MAX double 2.22507e-308 to 1.79769e+308 DBL_MIN DBL_MAX double(negative) -2.22507e-308 to -1.79769e+308 -DBL_MIN -DBL_MAX
char ranges from : -128 to 127 short char ranges from : -128 to 127 unsigned char ranges from : 0 to 255 short int ranges from : -32768 to 32767 unsigned short int ranges from : 0 to 65535 int ranges from : -2147483648 to 2147483647 unsigned int ranges from : 0 to 4294967295 long int ranges from : -9223372036854775808 to 9223372036854775807 unsigned long int ranges from : 0 to 18446744073709551615 long long int ranges from : -9223372036854775808 to 9223372036854775807 unsigned long long int ranges from : 0 to 18446744073709551615 float ranges from : 1.17549e-38 to 3.40282e+38 negative float ranges from : -1.17549e-38 to -3.40282e+38 double ranges from : 2.22507e-308 to 1.79769e+308 negative double ranges from : -2.22507e-308 to 1.79769e+308
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Interesting Facts about Macros and Preprocessors in C
- Macros and its types in C/C++
- Multiline macros in C
- Variable length arguments for Macros
- Branch prediction macros in GCC
- Macros vs Functions
- Hygienic Macros : An Introduction
- Output of C++ programs | Set 25 (Macros)
- X-Macros in C
- Predefined Macros in C with Examples
- Difference between Type Casting and Type Conversion
- Queries for maximum and minimum difference between Fibonacci numbers in given ranges
- Find the missing elements from 1 to M in given N ranges
- Find the missing elements from 1 to M in given N ranges | Set-2
- Minimum change in given value so that it lies in all given Ranges
- Minimum removals required to make ranges non-overlapping
- Data type of character constants in C and C++
- Conversion of Struct data type to Hex String and vice versa
- Comparison of boolean data type in C++ and Java
- Is there any need of "long" data type in C and C++?