Data Structures and Algorithms is one of the most important skills that every computer science student must-have. It is often seen that people with good knowledge of these technologies are better programmers than others.
Choosing the correct data structure or algorithm to solve a particular problem affects a lot on the efficiency of the solution.
These skills not only help a programmer to land a high-paying job but also to sustain and perform well in the Job. Let’s see how?
Consider the scenario of an interview, where two programmers A and B applied for a software developer role and were asked to solve the below problem.
Problem: Given a sorted array and a key to search. Check if the key is present in the array or not.
After the results are announced, programmer B got selected and programmer A got rejected.
What went wrong with programmer A?
The solutions of both of the programmers A and B were correct, but programmer B is found to be efficient and more proficient in using the correct data structure and algorithms to solve a particular problem given. The problem mentioned above takes O(N) time by the solution of programmer A whereas it takes O(LogN) time by the solution of programmer B.
With the increasing demands and competition in the software engineering industry, companies these days not only look for hard-working developers but also for developers who can solve a problem as optimally as possible to meet customer satisfaction and are not afraid of paying high.
Some surveys conducted about the salary reports of software developers in India says that anyone who has a good and fair understanding of how data structures and algorithms work earns around 20-30 Lakhs per annum.
Data Structures and Algorithms Free Online Courses
At GeeksforGeeks, we have a vast library of articles contributed by some of the renowned and good Competitive Programmers around the globe which is accessible for free at GeeksforGeeks.
Moreover, we also have some free online courses to learn and practice Data Structures, Algorithms, Programming Languages, etc to prepare for coding interviews which can be accessed at GeeksforGeeks | Courses.
Some of our popular free online courses are listed below:
1. Fork CPP
Course Description: This course is specially designed for the CPP apprentices who want to hone their skills in CPP for Coding Interviews and Competitive Programming. No matter if you are a school student or a college student, if you have a zeal for programming, this is the right time to start.
2. Fork Java
Course Description: This course is specially designed for Java apprentices who want to hone their skills in Java for Coding Interviews and Competitive Programming. No matter if you are a school student or a college student, if you have a zeal for programming, this is the right time to start.
3. Fork Python
Course Description: This course is specially designed for Python beginners who want to enhance their Python skills and get better at solving coding problems using Python. This course will impart you with the knowledge necessary to convert coding logic to Python code. Complete this course to tame the Python!
Course Description: The placement season is coming! Are you ready? We are here to help you ace the interview with the last-minute preparation. This course is based on the most frequently asked questions in product-based companies. It will help to boost your preparation for different interview rounds in tech giants.
The course will have programming questions from intermediate to advanced level.
Course Description: This course is an 11-week workshop that will take you through all the common Data Structures like Arrays, Trees, Graphs, LinkedList, and many such concepts in a highly interactive manner. Every week you will be interacting with the top industry expert where you will learn how they implement DSA in real-life scenarios.
Features of Our Free Online Courses:
- All the courses available for free are designed by our highly qualified team members who have a soundtrack record of solving complex programming problems.
- All the above-mentioned courses are available for free and can be accessed from anywhere and anytime.
- Our free courses also contain periodic tracks and contests.
- The course contents are highly comprehensive and well organized which makes learning easier.
- Some courses also include free certification upon course completion.
Data Structures and Algorithms Paid Online Course
Our latest online course series to learn DS & Algo is named DSA, which covers everything about Data Structures from Basic to Advanced.
This is a 10 weeks long online certification program specializing in Data Structures & Algorithms which includes pre-recorded premium Video lectures & programming questions for practice. You will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems and will implement more than 200 algorithmic coding problems. This course offers you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. The course focuses mainly on Data Structure & Algorithms: the key to selection in top product-based companies.
Key Features of the Course
- Well-organized tutorials on Data-Structures and Algorithms prepared by the GeeksforGeeks Team.
- Premium video lectures by Mr. Sandeep Jain, Founder and C.E.O of GeeksforGeeks.
- Dedicated doubt solving team to assist you.
- Weekly Assessment Tests with Video Solutions.
- Performance-Based Certificate.
- Internship Opportunities at GeeksforGeeks.
- The courses are self-paced: Anyone can register anytime, make payment and begin the course.
The course is available in two versions:
With Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course with doubt assistance is INR 3,999. Click here to register.
Without Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course without doubt assistance is INR 2,499. Click here to register.
If you want a test series to boost your preparation then you can choose SDE Test Series
- The test series is designed to help you build concepts, prepare strategies, identify weaknesses, and take steps to eliminate them. The test series simulate several variations that a job interview could come up with and thereby, through the practice provided, helps students develop accuracy and speed for the interview.
- We feel that this is the vital aspect that enables a student to perform well when they appear for a job in top product-based companies. A test series is also a tool that helps the student to evaluate performance over a while and improve accordingly. The detailed test analysis is an invaluable part of the preparation that any serious candidate would vouch for.
- In this course, the contest problem solutions are available in the video mode & at the discussion forum, you may discuss the problems with the team of problem setters. Further, the tests will be available every week. According to your time convenience, you may attempt that contest at any time in that week. It is available to you at discounted price of INR 299/–
An extensive Online (live) classroom program to build and enhance Data Structures and Algorithm concepts. The course is designed to improve your problem-solving and coding skills by enhancing your understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms. The primary goal of this course is to help you in the preparation for the Coding interviews of companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Uber, etc. It will be an online live (Live Stream) class, so you can attend this class from any geographical location. It will be an interactive live session, where you can ask your doubts to the instructor (similar to the offline classroom program).
What Do People say about our courses?
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.