Data Structures and Algorithms are one of the most important skills that every computer science student must-have. It is often seen that people with good knowledge of these technologies are better programmers than others.
Choosing the correct data structure or algorithm to solve a particular problem affects a lot on the efficiency of the solution.
These skills not only help a programmer to land a high paying job but also to sustain and perform well in the Job. Let’s see how?
Consider the scenario of an interview, where two programmers A and B applied for a software developer role and were asked to solve the below problem.
Problem: Given a sorted array and a key to search. Check if the key is present in the array or not.
After the results are announced, programmer B got selected and programmer A got rejected.
What went wrong with programmer A?
The solutions of both of the programmers A and B were correct, but programmer B is found to be efficient and more proficient in using the correct data structure and algorithms to solve a particular problem given. The problem mentioned above takes O(N) time by the solution of programmer A whereas it takes O(LogN) time by the solution of programmer B.
With the increasing demands and competition in the software engineering industry, companies these days not only looks for hard working developers but also for developers who can solve a problem as optimally as possible to met customer satisfaction and are not afraid of paying high.
Some surveys conducted about the salary reports of software developers in India says that anyone who has a good and fair understanding of how data structures and algorithms work earns around 20-30 Lakhs per annum.
Data Structures and Algorithms free Online Courses
At GeeksforGeeks, we have a vast library of articles contributed by some of the renowned and good Competitve Programmers around the globe which is accessible for free at GeeksforGeeks.
Moreover, we also have some free online courses to learn and practice Data Structures, Algorithms, Programming Languages etc to prepare for coding interviews which can be accessed at GeeksforGeeks | Courses.
Some of our popular free online courses are listed below:
Course Name: Sudo Placement 2019.
Course Description: This course helps students to prepare for the Recruitment drive of product-based companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe, etc with our free online placement preparation course. The course focuses on various MCQ’s & Coding question likely to be asked in the interviews & make your upcoming placement season efficient and successful.
The course has been redesigned by experts and boasts all new features like Discussion Forum, Doubt Assistance, Mock Tests and much more.
Course Name: Fork CPP.
Course Description: This course is especially designed for the CPP apprentices who want to hone their skills in CPP for Coding Interviews and Competitive Programming. No matter if you are a school student or college student, if you have the zeal of programming, this is the right time to start.
Course Name: Fork Java.
Course Description: This course is especially designed for the Java apprentices who want to hone their skills in Java for Coding Interviews and Competitive Programming. No matter if you are a school student or college student, if you have the zeal of programming, this is the right time to start.
Course Name: Fork Python
Course Description: This course is especially designed for the Python beginners who want to enhance their Python skills and get better at solving coding problems using Python. This course will impart you with the knowledge necessary to convert coding logic to a python code. Complete this course to tame the Python!
Course Name: Interview Preparation.
Course Description: The course is designed for students as well as working professionals to prepare for coding interviews. This course is going to have coding questions from school level to the level needed for product based companies like Amazom, Microsoft, Adobe, etc.
Course Name: Must Do Interview Preparation.
Course Description: The placement season is coming! Are you ready? We are here to help you ace the interview with the last-minute preparation. This course is based on the most frequently asked questions in product based companies. It will help to boost your preparation for different interview rounds in tech giants.
The course will have programming questions from intermediate to advanced level.
Features of our free online Courses:
- All of the courses available for free are designed by our highly qualified team members who have a sound track record of solving complex programming problems.
- All of the above-mentioned courses are available for free and can be accessed from anywhere and anytime.
- Our free courses also contains periodic tracks and contests.
- The course contents are highly comprehensive and well organised which makes learning easier.
- Some courses also includes free certification upon course completion.
Data Structures and Algorithms Paid Online Course
Our latest online course series to learn DS & Algo is named DSA, which covers everything about Data Structures from Basic to Advanced.
This is a 10 weeks long online certification program specializing in Data Structures & Algorithms which includes pre-recorded premium Video lectures & programming questions for practice. You will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems and will implement more than 200 algorithmic coding problems. This course offers you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. The course focuses mainly on Data Structure & Algorithms: the key to selection in top product based companies.
Key Features of the Course
- Well organised tutorials on Data-Structures and Algorithms prepared by the GeeksforGeeks Team.
- Premium video lectures by Mr. Sandeep Jain, Founder and C.E.O of GeeksforGeeks.
- Dedicated doubt solving team to assist you.
- Weekly Assessment Tests with Video Solutions.
- Performance-Based Certificate.
- Internship Opportunities at GeeksforGeeks.
- The courses are self-paced: Anyone can register anytime, make payment and begin the course.
And, many more.
The course is available in two versions:
- With Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course with doubt assistance is INR 3,999. Click here to purchase your ticket.
- Without Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course without doubt assistance is INR 2,499. Click here to purchase your ticket
More Paid Courses
SDE Test Series:
The test series is designed to help you build concepts, prepare strategies, identify weaknesses, and take steps to eliminate them. The test series simulate several variations that a job interview could come up with and thereby, through the practice provided, help students develop accuracy and speed for the interview
We feel that this is the vital aspect that enables a student to perform well when they appear for a job in top product-based companies. A test series is also a tool that helps the student to evaluate performance over a while and improve accordingly. The detailed test analysis is an invaluable part of preparation which any serious candidate would vouch for.
In this course, the contest problem solutions are available in the video mode & at the discussion forum, you may discuss the problems with the team of problem setter. Further, the tests will be available every week. According to your time convenience, you may attempt that contest at any time in that week.
Geeks Classes – Live Session:
An extensive Online (live) classroom program to build and enhance Data Structures and Algorithm concepts. The course is designed to improve your problem-solving and coding skills by enhancing your understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms. The primary goal of this course is to help you in the preparation for the Coding interviews of companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Uber, etc.
It will be an online live (Live Stream) class, so you can attend this class from any geographical location. It will be an interactive live session, where you can ask your doubts to the instructor (similar to offline classroom program).
What Do People say about our courses?
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Learn Data Structures and Algorithms for your Dream Job with this online Course
- Introduction to Data Structures | 10 most commonly used Data Structures
- Learn with GeeksforGeeks Course - Best Courses To Land Job In Your Dream Company
- Why Data Structures and Algorithms are "Must Have" for Developers and Where to learn them : Answered
- How can one become good at Data structures and Algorithms easily?
- Why companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Google focuses on Data Structures and Algorithms : Answered
- Live Classes for Data Structures and Algorithms: Interview Preparation Focused Course
- Why Data Structures and Algorithms Are Important to Learn?
- Difference between Stack and Queue Data Structures
- Difference between Linear and Non-linear Data Structures
- Static and Dynamic data structures in Java with Examples
- Data Structures | Misc | Question 5
- Common operations on various Data Structures
- Real-time application of Data Structures
- What are the C programming concepts used as Data Structures
- How Coronavirus outbreak can end | Visualize using Data structures
- new vs malloc() and free() vs delete in C++
- A Must Do Free Interview Preparation Course by GeeksforGeeks
- Square free semiprimes in a given range using C++ STL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.