Data, a word which is now spoken every time one or the other way, people are working in corporate throughout the day with small scale figures keeping in my find that our company data should not be leaked by any chance or by any external force but they haven’t thought of their data being in-secured.
Why our data is not secured ?
We feel free while using apps especially social media apps like Facebook, Whatsapp which is not normal because we logins on different devices which is not a favorable condition in terms of our personal data and also of the people linked through it.
Example: In 2018 Cambridge Analytica, a company whose raw material is data itself to process in different ways like mining, analysis for many purposes.They found guilty with Facebook in scandal of data of people which helped them in campaigns (election campaigns), it analyzed the personality of a person by the activities/behavior they kept on the apps. It’s major outcome was to know the number of voters for the particular party and also for the political advertisements.
Here is a flowchart for better understanding –
Data being the asset on the planet, it is very crucial to handle and secure in these days as data breaching is not difficult, hackers are hacking profiles and selling it, data selling is a new way of earning.
Data security is the most vital part for online workers on which there should be no compromise at all but still it happens and it will be happening as their is no way getting rid of data being stolen but it can be controlled to an extent by many means.
How data will be secured ?
- Use firewalls.
- Use encrypted systems.
- Use VPN.
- Never give authorization to external parties.
- Use strong passwords and change them often.
- Public networks should be avoided as much as we can like WiFi on metros, airports.
- Do make trust issues while logging in another devices.
From the above we came to know how far we are from all of this which wouldn’t have been taken so easy at least in terms of our own personal data which is yours and only yours.
There are laws being made for right to ask for the data if you think someone is having and making use of it. So, it solely depends on the individuals how they take this into the account.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Principal of Information System Security : Security System Development Life Cycle
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- How Security System Should Evolve to Handle Cyber Security Threats and Vulnerabilities?
- Difference between Data Privacy and Data Security
- What Are Azure Data Security Features?
- General Data-centric Security Mechanisms
- What is Information Security?
- Hash Functions in System Security
- Active and Passive attacks in Information Security
- Port Security in Computer Network
- Adaptive security appliance (ASA) features
- Threats to Information Security
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-1
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-2
- Basic configuration of Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- TELNET and SSH on Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- System Security
- IP security (IPSec)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.