Data ingestion is the process of obtaining and importing the data for the storage in the database. In this article, we explore different data ingestion techniques used to extract the data from the excel file in Python and compare their runtimes.
Let’s suppose the excel file looks like this –
Using xlrd library
xlrd module, one can retrieve information from a spreadsheet. For example, reading, writing or modifying the data can be done in Python. Also, user might have to go through various sheets and retrieve data based on some criteria or modify some rows and columns and do a lot of work.
Python data analysis library is a powerful tool used by data scientists. It helps in data ingestion and data exploration.
Using dask dataframe
A Dask DataFrame is a large parallel DataFrame composed of many smaller Pandas DataFrames, split along the index.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Fetching recently sent mails details sent via a Gmail account using Python
- Python | Plotting column charts in excel sheet with data tables using XlsxWriter module
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet with Data Tools using XlsxWriter module | Set - 1
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet with data tools using XlsxWriter module | Set – 2
- How to extract Time data from an Excel file column using Pandas?
- Python | How to copy data from one excel sheet to another
- How to Filter and save the data as new files in Excel with Python Pandas?
- Joining Excel Data from Multiple files using Python Pandas
- Web Scraping Coronavirus Data into MS Excel
- Comparing dates in Python
- Argparse VS Docopt VS Click - Comparing Python Command-Line Parsing Libraries
- Python | Writing to an excel file using openpyxl module
- Writing to an excel sheet using Python
- Python | Arithmetic operations in excel file using openpyxl
- Python | Adjusting rows and columns of an excel file using openpyxl module
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet using openpyxl module | Set - 1
- Python | Excel File Comparison
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet using openpyxl module | Set – 2
- Python | Trigonometric operations in excel file using openpyxl
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet using openpyxl module | Set 3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.