Dart – Super and This keyword
Super Keyword in Dart:
In Dart, super keyword is used to refer immediate parent class object. It is used to call properties and methods of the superclass. It does not call the method, whereas when we create an instance of subclass than that of the parent class is created implicitly so super keyword calls that instance.
Advantages of super keyword:
- It can be used to access the data members of parent class when both parent and child have member with same name.
- It is used to prevent overriding the parent method.
- It can be used to call parameterized constructor of parent class.
// To access parent class variables super.variable_name; // To access parent class method super.method_name();
Example #1: Showing the flow of object creation in inheritance.
You are inside Parent constructor!! You are inside Child constructor!!
Example #2: Accessing parent class variables
Geeks for Geeks
Example #3: Accessing parent class methods
You are calling method of parent class. Welcome to Gfg!! You are inside parent class.
This Keyword in Dart:
While super keyword is used to call parent class, this keyword is used to call the class itself.
Advantages of this keyword:
- It can be used to call instance variable of current class.
- It can be used to set the values of the instance variable.
- It can be used to return the current class instance.
Using this keyword in Dart –
Welcome to Geeks for Geeks
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...