Danske IT Interview Experience (On-Campus)
About the Company: Danske IT is the Information Technology department of Danske Bank, which is the biggest bank in Denmark. Its only Indian office is located in Bangalore.
Round 1: 10 MCQ: Based on Data Structures (sorting techniques), SQL, and OOPs.
- 2 Coding Questions: Two questions of varying difficulty were asked on Hire pro platform.
- Those questions were of easy to medium level difficulty (basic programming logic, basic data structure).
Round 2(12 Minutes: 50 Questions): The second was based on Aptitude and English. The questions were small and very easy, the only trick is to manage time since you only get 12 minutes. A lot of people were eliminated in this seemingly cake-walk round; so be careful.
Round 3(Technical Interview 30 to 40 mins): The interviewer asked for my introduction. He later inquired about my preferred language and asked the reasons for it.
Then I was asked to code three questions.
- Calculate slope when two points on a 2D plane are given
- Selection Sort
- Simple recursion based program
Round 4(Technical Interview 2): 20-30 min
- This is the most important round where most of the heard thinning is done.
- Expect detailed questions based on your Projects/Internships.
- The interviewer also asked me about my thoughts on technologies such as AI and Machine Learning.
- He also asked my opinion about the advancement of technology and how through my project/learning I can contribute to it.
He also asked two puzzles:
- The other puzzle was a variation of above one
Round 5(Psychometric Test ~15 min): This is a not an elimination round. They just want to know if you are fit to work in an office work environment.
Round 6(HR Round – 25 mins): Typical HR questions were asked. Do keep in mind some past experiences related to teamwork and project planning.
- Reaching the HR round does not guarantee selection (around 30% students were eliminated), so do not take it lightly.
- Speak with conviction but also don’t try to sound too overconfident.
Verdict: Out of about 850 students who attempted the first round, 36 were finally selected and I was one of them!!
- Practiced all medium and easy questions on Leetcode.
- Practices several codes and puzzles on GeeksforGeeks.
- Read Tech related articles and magazines.
ALL THE BEST!!