D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 22 (Off Campus)
Round 1 : Telephone + Codepair on Hackerrank
- Started with what i did in internship
- What was challenges faced
- What challenging things have i handled till now
- Being a web developer, which technologies i use
Given an array, delete elements of array one by one. If you delete ‘n’, you will delete all occurrences of ‘n’ and you will score points equal to n*(frequency of n in array). Now after this operation, you have to delete all occurrences of (n-1) and (n+1) and score no points. Again choose a new element and repeat the process until array is empty.
- Asked about the languages I am familiar with, so that he could ask me questions about that language. I told java and c++.
- Then he asked to write hello world program in java without in syntactical error. Then asked about all keywords in that program: public, static, etc. Asked what is ‘system’, is it a class or object.
- Asked to explain all access modifiers, and their scopes.
- Asked about packages in java
- Asked what will this give “println(typeof(this))” inside a class (its a pointer)
- Asked if we can create a hashmap in C++ with a class as key’s datatype, asked to write program for it
- Then he asked about technologies i work with:
- NodeJS : is it single or multithreaded, how is it better than others
- Asked about mutable and immutable data types (strings are immutable and objects are immutable)
- Gave a code and asked to predict output, based on above concept