D.E Shaw Interview Experience for Software Engineer | Off-Campus 2020
I heard about the open position through a post on LinkedIn and then applied on the career site.
I received an online-test link within a few days. The online test was begin conducted on Hacker Rank and had 2 coding problems – 90 mins, 10 Technical MCQ – 20 mins and 10 Aptitude MCQ – 20 mins.
I cleared the online test and was further instructed that I will be having a code-pair round on HackerRank, where a technical member will be conducting my interview.
Code-Pair Round –
The interviewer asked me to introduce my self and then started asked technical questions. The questions asked were –
- Difference between static variables and global variable along with memory allocation.
- Explain Polymorphism. Both Static and Dynamic.
- Write a class and function that can return the count of all the instances of a class that are created on the heap memory
- Different types of function overloading.
- Coding Problem – Find the first missing positive integer from a list of negative and positive integers.
- What is the difference between a process and a thread.
- What are the necessary conditions for Deadlock.
- Deadlock Avoidance and prevention techniques.
- What is Thrashing ? Why does it occur ? What is the CPU doing during Thrashing?
- Write an SQL Query for finding information of the employee having 2nd highest salary
- Coding Problem – https://leetcode.com/problems/capacity-to-ship-packages-within-d-days/
Unfortunately i could not clear the code-pair round but i was a good experience.
All the best.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.