What is CRC?
CRC or Cyclic Redundancy Check is a method of detecting accidental changes/errors in the communication channel.
CRC uses Generator Polynomial which is available on both sender and receiver sides. An example generator polynomial is of the form like x^3 + 1. This generator polynomial represents key 1001. Another example is x^2 + x. that represents key 110.
Let data send is “EVN”
We convert a string to binary string data.
CRC KEY: 1001
Code: CRC key length -1 -> 000 appended at end of data.
New data: 100010110101101001110000 Key:1001
Now we apply CRC in socket programming python at both sender and receiver side.
1. The task is to send a string data to server/receiver side.
2. The sender sends a string let us say “EVN”.
3. First, this string is converted to binary string “100010110101101001110” key is known to both the side sender and receiver here key used is 1001.
4. This data is encoded using the CRC code using the key in client/sender side.
5. This encoded data is sent to the receiver.
6. Receiver later decodes the encoded data string to verify whether there was any error or not.
1. The receiver receives the encoded data string from the sender.
2. Receiver with the help of the key decodes the data and find out the remainder.
3. If the remainder is zero then it means there no error in data sent by the sender to receiver.
4. If the remainder comes out to be non-zero it means there was an error, a Negative Acknowledgement is sent to the sender. The sender then resends the data until the receiver receives correct data.
How to run the program:
1. You should have socket programming library.
2. First, run server program then run client program.
3. Indentation error may occur while you copy paste the code so be careful while copying.
- VRRP(Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol) | Introduction and configuration
- Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Python | Check for URL in a String
- Python | Check if one list is subset of other
- Python | Check if all the values in a list are less than a given value
- Python set to check if string is panagram
- Python | Check whether given key already exists in a dictionary
- Python Set | Check whether a given string is Heterogram or not
- Python | Check whether a list is empty or not
- Python | Check if two lists are identical
- Check for balanced parentheses in Python
- Python | Check if list is sorted or not
- Python | Check if all elements in a List are same
- Python program to check if given string is pangram
- How to check if a string is a valid keyword in Python?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.